Director of Sales and Business Development - Consulting Services
Consulting | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Lake Shore Associates (LSA), a professional services consulting firm, is seeking an entrepreneurial sales executive, with a professional services background for a Director of Sales and Business Development. The Director will qualify, actively pursue, and close new business across all industry sectors and across all of the firm’s professional service areas. These areas include selling Program/Project Delivery, Vendor Management, Strategic Consulting and Organizational Change Management. The right candidate will grow a new book of business by developing short and long-term sales strategies while also growing existing business accounts.
The right experienced sales executive will have held a variety of management consulting sales roles and will bring creative and proven approaches to selling intangible service solutions. The candidate must have a strong, enterprise-wide network that includes Chicago-area contacts and exceptional selling skills to expand our client base in our local markets.
- Developing and executing effective sales and marketing strategies to grow new business.
- Leading sales strategy discussions with the leadership team with fully developed and polished communication and writing skills
- Identifying a client’s pain points through active listening and solution/consultative selling.
- Serving as a trusted advisor and partner to clients.
- Establishing and developing high-level relationships with key decision makers with prospects and existing clients.
- Managing multiple sales opportunities simultaneously and demonstrating a focus on follow-up and accountability.
- Maintaining relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance, and researching and recommending service solutions.
- Identifying product improvements or new service products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities and competitor growth.
- Leading and coaching future junior and mid-level sales and marketing team members.
- 8 - 10 years of experience in building new and existing business using consultative skills and value proposition methodology. Experience must include selling of consulting professional services.
- A deep and broad professional network that aligns to our target client base.
- Demonstrated track record in building new book of business, client relationship management, and evidence of closing and growing accounts at a pace of $3M to $6M annually.
- Proven sales performance with a record of achievement and exceeding growth expectations.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the client organization.
- Established performer with at least 8 years of new client development and a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience with client delivery and client management, within a professional services organization.
- Experience working with salesforce.com.
- Working knowledge of management consulting (program and project management) preferred.
- Willingness to travel within the US.
- Candidates will be asked to demonstrate their sales experience in developing, growing and closing new client accounts through submission of a sales portfolio prior to our interview process.
- Local, Chicago-area candidates preferred.
Learn more about us at www.lakeshore.is.