Consulting | Chicago, IL | Contract
Agile Coach - Contract Position
Lake Shore Associates (LSA) is looking for an Agile Coach to support our client’s projects. We are looking for an Agile Coach that has a strong understanding of client needs, that is collaborative, works well in a cross-function team environment and is results-oriented.
- Support and contribute to strategy, direction and goals of the client project.
- Coach teams on Scrum and Kanban Agile methodologies.
- Work with teams to help create an environment that fosters transparency, learning, innovation, quality and speed.
- Help assess the overall health of the Agile practices and culture to identify opportunities to improve and provide coaching to improve.
- Assist the team implement effective metrics on things that impact value driven delivery.
- Collaborate with and influence all levels of the organization to empower and enable teams to execute.
- Build, deliver and improve customized Agile training.
- Work with non-development teams to help drive agile transformation in those teams.
- Partners with other Agile Coaches and Scrum Masters across the organization.
- Trains and coaches new Development teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Managers in Agile values, principles, practices and the Scrum framework and Kanban principles.
- Mentors and guides multiple teams on a day-to-day basis.
- Identify organizational impediments to successful Agile transformation and works with the leadership team to create effective strategies to overcome them.
- Prepare workshops that help promote Agile maturity across the organization.
- Coaches teams and the organization to achieve self-organization team accountability, on how to identify and burn down technical debt and how to bring disclosure and transparency to the business and grows business trust.
- 3-5+ years prior experience in an Agile Coach role helping teams efficiently deliver software.
- Possesses a deep understanding of Agile with hands on experience in Scum as well as other Agile methodologies - such as Kanban, Lean or eXtreme Programming.
- 3 or more years experience in training, coaching and mentoring new Agile/Scrum teams.
- At least 2 years experience in creating Agile training / workshop materials.
- A minimum of 2 years experience with DevOps Maturity and tools.
- Prior experience as a software developer strongly preferred.
- Experience working within a highly regulated environment strongly desired; preferably in the telecom services industry.
Local- Chicago based Candidates Only