Credit | Bonnyville, Alberta, Canada | Full Time
At Lakeland Credit Union our people are committed to providing financial opportunity, choice, and lifelong value by partnering with our members and our communities to enrich their lives through trusted advice and exceptional service!
Credit unions are about community enrichment, profit sharing, and people before profits! Lakeland Credit Union (“LCU”) has been serving the Bonnyville and Cold Lake communities since 1940 and we have a rich legacy of profit sharing and investing in our local communities and businesses.
The #LCUExperience is founded on the premise of attracting, developing and retaining employees committed to a career of delivering trusted advice and exceptional service to every member, every time. LCU is committed to investing in Our People, and empowering them with the training, skills, and experience, supported by the right processes to drive member loyalty and financial strength.
We are committed to being a respected financial institution where new members seek to join, meaningful careers are nurtured, partners pursue collaboration, and, our collective community succeeds!
Under Executive direction, the AVP, Credit will provide innovative credit solutions and approval of commercial, agricultural and consumer credit applications beyond branch limits. The AVP, Credit will identify and implement new and revised credit processes, procedures and reporting. This role provides analysis in such areas as financial information, security valuations, terms and conditions of the credit request to ensure that approved applications are appropriately structured to minimize risk of default and outcomes reflect LCU’s values, business strategy and goals. In addition, the AVP, Credit oversees the organization’s Commercial Credit Analysts and provides coaching, direction and support.
- Adjudication of larger, often complex, consumer, commercial and agriculture loan applications where amounts requested exceed branch limits
- Analysis of financial information, security valuations, terms and conditions of the credit request to ensure that approved applications are appropriately structured
- Identify viable alternatives or revisions to security, terms and conditions in order to maximize loan growth while minimizing the risk of default
- Recommend acceptable credit applications that require higher level authorization and be able to present to the required authorized bodies
- Act as a resource person for all lending matters including collections, delinquency controls and loss prevention
- Provide advice to internal members regarding the analysis, structuring and negotiation of consumer, commercial and agricultural credit applications and related documentation
- Lead and coach direct reports in order to ensure the efficient administration and operation of the credit functions of the credit union
- Assist the Vice President, Credit in developing and implementing credit policies/procedure
- 7-9 years of experience, preferably in a credit union, including direct experience in business lending, credit adjudication and relationship management
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business
- Decision making with a high degree of discretion
- Strong communicator who can build consensus across multiple groups and possess a participatory management style with the ability to achieve results
- Competence in best-practices for lending, attaining sales goals in loans, memberships, and profitability
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership, relationship building, coaching and motivating others
- A culture that values and recognizes your abilities to be successful and help others to be successful
- A tenured team of professionals that provide trusted advice every day
- A diverse team environment with opportunities to learn and grow your career
- A member centric organization that understands that happy members start with happy staff
- Competitive total compensation and benefits