Systems Test Lead, RF Characterization & DVT
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Kumu Networks revolutionizing the way wireless systems are built using an innovative full-duplex wireless design that its co-founders developed in their research at Stanford. Wireless full-duplex allows a radio to transmit and receive signals at the same time using a single frequency channel. Kumu's patent pending full-duplex technology changes the basic assumptions on which current wireless radios are built, allowing for improved performance and reduced complexity across a variety of wireless devices and markets. Come help us change the future of wireless!
You are a Systems Test Leader with experience working on novel wireless systems. You want to be a part of a team developing the world's’ first wireless full-duplex products. You will participate in the full life cycle of product development – from requirements definition and documentation, through test specification and product validation testing. You will work directly with customers and vendors to bring-up, integrate, and validate a variety of new full-duplex prototypes and products.
In particular, this role will be responsible for defining and executing design validation test (DVT) plans. The engineer will be broadly tasked with answering the critical question “How well is wireless-full duplex performing?”
The ideal candidate is above all a skilled Systems Engineer, with experience in characterization, performance, and testing of new wireless radios and modems. You are able to interpret product requirements and derive engineering specifications and test plans from them. You should have demonstrated experience of bringing wireless products to market, and have experience working on and qualifying modem and/or radio technologies in the lab. You should be able to read communication standards (such as LTE or WiFi) and derive actionable test plans and requirements from them. You should be fluent in at least one scripting language, and be able to prototype and help develop repeatable tests.
- Demonstrated ability to read communication system requirements and develop characterization and test plans from them
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement wireless system validation tests
- Experience with scripting languages (Python and Matlab preferred)
- Clear written and spoken communication, ability to create functional and design specifications
- B.S. degree or higher in EE or similar discipline
- >8 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of LTE and/or WiFi
- Breakfast and lunch provided daily
- Sunny, open, collaborative workspace
- Opportunity to work with great people