Systems Software Engineer / Direct
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Kumu Networks is revolutionizing the way wireless systems are built using an innovative full-duplex wireless design that its founders developed as a research project at Stanford. Wireless full-duplex allows a radio to transmit and receive signals at the same time using a single frequency channel. Kumu's patented full-duplex technology changes the basic assumptions on which current wireless radios are built, allowing for improved performance and reduced complexity across a variety of wireless devices and markets. Come help us change the future of wireless!
The systems software engineer is responsible for designing, debugging, and verifying code for wireless systems built on Kumu’s technology. The engineer will be part of a small team responsible for implementing control algorithms in Python/C/C++, writing software for test automation, and bringing up embedded hardware running Linux. The ideal candidate is above all a skilled software problem solver and a keen architect in modular, loosely coupled software systems, but also familiar with networking and communication concepts. They will work well with the system architects and FPGA engineers to contribute to the overall design of wireless cancellation systems; and collaborate with test engineers to build test automation for these systems. Bonus points for experience with embedded systems / FPGA platforms.
- Work with system specifications to implement, verify, and test algorithms and systems code in Python running on Linux systems
- Contribute to software test automation frameworks involving network devices, test equipment control drivers and automation code written in Python.
- Work effectively with the test team to test and debug issues both in the lab and on field deployed systems.
- Ensure that designed features meet specifications and interface correctly with the rest of the system
- Document bring-up and test procedures for software components in Kumu’s products for external customers and provide customer support for evaluating Kumu’s products
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, and ship Python code for Linux systems
- Fluent in Python and C/C++ with ability to rapidly design, test, and verify systems
- Experience with build systems (make) and source control (Git) systems
- Familiarity with modern software engineering practices like unit testing and code review
- Knowledge of Ethernet and IP networking protocols (ARP, DHCP, VLAN, IP, TCP/UDP etc)
- Clear written and spoken communication, ability to create functional and design specifications
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with software-defined radio platforms
- Experience with Linux device and network drivers
- Experience with lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power-supplies
- Experience working on wireless and / or networking products
- Experience in designing embedded software for carrier-grade telecom systems
- Lunch provided daily
- Sunny, open, collaborative workspace
- Opportunity to work with great people.