Systems Engineer/Algorithms Engineer
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
960 Hamlin Court
Sunnyvale, California 94089
Job Description - Systems/Algorithms Engineer
As a Systems / Algorithms Engineer you will work with the technology team to design, prototype and test novel interference cancellation algorithms for complex, non-linear RF transceivers and systems. You will simulate algorithms in MATLAB and C, and work with software and hardware design engineers to bring up and test the algorithms on real-time hardware. Experience with design and hands-on prototyping of wireless systems is required. Knowledge of communications systems is required. Experience with programming for embedded systems and with automation is a strong plus. Experience with DSP/FPGA design is a plus.
- Design and simulate the performance of novel adaptive interference cancellation algorithms for complex non-linear RF systems.
- Help bring-up and test algorithms on hardware systems, including contributing to system test plans
- Contribute to continuous improvements and optimizations of the interference cancellation system
- Work with RTL and systems teams to optimize algorithm for hardware implementation
- Create and maintain experimental setups for testing cancellation algorithms for a variety of wireless systems
- Hands-on experience with building and testing wireless systems
- Strong mathematical and communication theory background
- Experience with prototyping and bring-up of hardware implementation of complex algorithms or with testing of RF systems
- Experience working with embedded software a strong plus
- Understanding of RF transceivers and architectures is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Education & Experience
MS in Electrical Engineering or related field (Ph.D. preferred) with at least 3 years of industrial experience
Kumu Networks is revolutionizing the way wireless systems are built using a proprietary full-duplex technology based on research at Stanford University. This wireless full-duplex technology allows a radio to transmit and receive signals at the same time and in the same frequency range/channel. Kumu's patent pending full-duplex technology changes the basic assumptions on which current wireless radios are built, allowing for improved performance/throughput and applicable in a variety of wireless devices affecting all wireless markets.