Senior Digital Hardware Design Engineer
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Kumu Networks revolutionizing the way wireless systems are built using an innovative full-duplex wireless design that its co-founders developed in their research at Stanford. Wireless full-duplex allows a radio to transmit and receive signals at the same time using a single frequency channel. Kumu's patent pending full-duplex technology changes the basic assumptions on which current wireless radios are built, allowing for improved performance and reduced complexity across a variety of wireless devices and markets. Come help us change the future of wireless!
The Digital Hardware Engineer will contribute to all phases of developing novel mixed-signal hardware. These systems implement critical functions of a full-duplex wireless system. Responsibilities include schematic capture, layout, bring-up, and DV/PV. The engineer should have experience designing for large FPGAs, including HDL implementation and verification. They will work with a small team of systems engineers, digital designers and RF engineers to implement novel, full-duplex wireless systems.
- Design first-time right, complex mixed-signal hardware featuring FPGAs, ADCs/DACs, power supplies, PLLs/clocking, etc.
- Contribute to all phases of hardware development, including designing schematics, overseeing layout, working with manufacturing, bringing-up new designs, and defining/overseeing/performing unit test.
- System Verilog algorithm implementation and verification.
- Work with a small team of digital design, software, and RF engineers to build working, full-duplex systems
- Experience designing hardware, ideally with telco or general industrial application experience
- Solid understanding of mixed-signal hardware design, including all aspects of schematic design and layout. Experience with Cadence Orcad or similar tools
- Experience designing noise-sensitive circuits
- Experience with analog design, including switching and linear power supplies, gain stages, ADCs/DACs, FPGAs etc.
- Experience with Lab bring-up of mixed signal boards using equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, power supplies etc.
- HDL design and verification experience
- BS in EE required, MS preferred. 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Lunch provided daily
- Sunny, open, collaborative workspace
- Opportunity to work with great people