RF and Analog Test Engineer
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time | Opened 6 months ago
960 Hamlin Court Sunnyvale, California 94089
Kumu Networks is revolutionizing the way wireless systems are built using an innovative full-duplex wireless design that its founders developed at Stanford University. Wireless full-duplex allows a radio to transmit and receive signals at the same time using a single frequency channel. Kumu's patent pending full-duplex technology changes the basic assumptions on which current wireless radios are built, allowing for improved performance and reduced complexity across a variety of wireless devices and markets. Come help us change the future of wireless!
The RF Test Engineer is responsible for defining, developing, automating, and executing RF test plans for novel wireless radio products. The engineer will read product specifications and work with the RF design team to derive testing requirements, develop test plans, automate test setups, and post-process results to generate reports. They will understand RF parameters like IP3, P1dB, NF, ACLR, and others as well as how to design automated test setups for them. The engineer will be part of a small RF team and will be responsible for everything from helping bring up new RF hardware to performing and reporting on the RF testing performed. They will collaborate with RF Design Engineers as well as firmware engineers to bring up and test radio hardware. They will also help support customer bring-up and evaluation of Kumu’s RF products.
- Define, design, and automate RF test plans for new RF hardware and post-process data to generate reports on the results, including things like IP3, P1dB, NF, ACLR, etc.
- Read schematics, and help test/bring up new RF hardware in the lab along with firmware and RF design engineers
- Work with manufacturing to transfer RF test plans to production environment
- Work with design engineers to evaluate new parts and validate their manufacturer-provided specifications
- Document bring-up and test procedures for Kumu’s RF products for external customers
- Provide customer support for evaluating Kumu’s products
- Demonstrated ability to define, design, and automate RF test plans using languages like Python, Perl, and/or LabView
- Experience testing discrete RF transceivers and similar hardware
- Understanding of RF parameters like IP3, NF, ACLR, phase noise, etc. as well as testing methodologies for them
- Experience with lab equipment like signal analyzers, signal generators, vector network analyzers, power supplies, and oscilloscopes both for manual and automated use
- Clear written and spoken communication, ability to create test plans as well as post-process results to generate well-structured test reports
- Bachelors in EE required, Masters in EE preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with cellular and / or WiFi protocols
- Experience with testing RFICs
- Experience with FCC/ETSI Radio Certification process
- Lunch provided daily
- Sunny, open, collaborative workspace
- Opportunity to work with great people!