Mixed-Signal Hardware Engineering Lead
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Kumu Networks revolutionizing the way wireless systems are built using an innovative full-duplex wireless design that its co-founders developed in their research at Stanford. Wireless full-duplex allows a radio to transmit and receive signals at the same time using a single frequency channel. Kumu's patent pending full-duplex technology changes the basic assumptions on which current wireless radios are built, allowing for improved performance and reduced complexity across a variety of wireless devices and markets. Come help us change the future of wireless!
The Mixed-Signal Hardware Engineering Lead will deliver hardware platforms for the worlds’ first full-duplex products. You will work with their team to deliver mixed-signal platforms that mesh traditional elements of wireless radio design with novel full-duplex hardware and algorithms. You will design schematics and produce hardware including SoCs, FPGAs, ADCs/ DACs, PLLs/clocks, and RF elements such as amplifiers, mixers, and LOs. You will work with the Algorithms Team to oversee Verilog implementation and bring-up of novel DSP algorithms.
The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of wireless systems and radio hardware, including architecture, DSP, RF, and mixed signal layout. You will have prior technical leadership experience, hands-on experience designing hardware from concept through schematics, layout, assembly, and production, and a proven ability to bring new systems to market.
- Architect first-time right, complex mixed-signal hardware featuring FPGAs, ADCs/DACs, power supplies, PLLs/clocking, etc.
- Participate in overall system definition and translate this into design requirements for the hardware subsystems
- Along with a small, diverse team, drive all phases of hardware development, including designing schematics, overseeing layout, working with manufacturing, bringing-up new designs, and defining/overseeing unit test.
- Implement/oversee implementation of novel algorithms on FPGAs (Verilog)
- M.S. in EE or similar degree program
- Experience designing mixed-signal hardware including SoCs, FPGAs, ADCs/DACs, PLLs/clocks
- Experience writing Verilog and/or VHDL for DSP implementation
- Prior experience developing hardware for wireless systems in both hands-on and leadership roles.
- Experience working at a start-up
- Knowledge of LTE and/or WiFi system design
- Experience with Python
- Breakfast and lunch provided daily
- Sunny, open, collaborative workspace
- Opportunity to work with great people