DSP Digital Design Engineer
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Kumu Networks revolutionizing the way wireless systems are built using an innovative full-duplex wireless design that its co-founders developed in their research at Stanford. Wireless full-duplex allows a radio to transmit and receive signals at the same time using a single frequency channel. Kumu's patent pending full-duplex technology changes the basic assumptions on which current wireless radios are built, allowing for improved performance and reduced complexity across a variety of wireless devices and markets. Come help us change the future of wireless!
The DSP Digital Design Engineer is responsible for working with the systems team to design, implement, and test novel wireless DSP algorithms on FPGA and/or custom ASIC platforms. The engineer will be part of a small team and participate in systems definition as well as be responsible for the implementation of complex algorithms sitting between IQ baseband samples at one end and radio interfaces at the other. They will help define how algorithms should be implemented (hardware vs. software). The engineer will implement blocks including custom filters, radio control interfaces, other DSP computation blocks. The ideal candidate will work well with the system architects, contribute to the overall design of the digital logic, and collaborate with mixed-signal/RF as well as embedded software engineers.
• Work with system specifications to implement, verify, and test high speed DSP and logic/control blocks for wireless communication on FPGAs
• Develop and maintain an automated test environment for FPGA verification using test benches
• Ensure that designed modules meet specifications and interface correctly with the rest of the system
• Participate in system considerations of FPGA selection/requirements analysis
• Work with RF/hardware engineers on IQ data and control interfaces
• Work with embedded software engineers on control interfaces
• 5+ years of experience designing and verifying high speed DSP
algorithms on FPGA for deployed products
• Fluent in Verilog and able to rapidly design, test, and verify systems
• Able to read and modify Matlab algorithms code to aid implementation
• Comfortable with Xilinx ISE and simulation tools like ModelSim, VCS, NCVerilog, etc.
• Able to give accurate estimates of deadlines and milestones as well as meet them
• Worked on modem and or radio products, including calibration routines
• Experience with communication physical layer coding and modulation
• C/C++ programming skills desirable, understanding of firmware/embedded software design considerations a plus
• Breakfast and lunch provided daily
• Sunny, open, collaborative workspace
• Opportunity to work with great people