Director of Wireless Systems
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
960 Hamlin Court
Sunnyvale, California 94089
The Director of Wireless Systems will contribute to the development of the algorithms and systems behind Kumu’s revolutionary full-duplex technology. Candidates will have demonstrable experience leading teams for algorithms development and modeling, and system design. Hands-on experience in the definition, implementation and bring-up of signal processing blocks on hardware is required. Experience in efficient embedded or hardware implementations of algorithms is required. Strong analytic and problem-solving skills and a background in optimization algorithms is desirable.
Responsibilities include working with the rest of the technology team and the product team to understand system requirements and develop solutions for the same. Candidates should be able to own bit-level accurate models for algorithms in MATLAB and C, and work with FPGA/DSP design engineers to implement the algorithms on real-time hardware. They will ideally have an understanding of RF radios and their unique limitations as well as hardware platforms like FPGAs and DSPs.
- Lead a small team of algorithms and systems engineers to develop novel real-time algorithms for optimizing the operation of full-duplex wireless radios
- Work with technology and product teams to define solutions meeting product requirements and work with the hardware/software teams to build the same.
- Own bit-level accurate models and generate test vectors for algorithms in MATLAB/C
- Work with FPGA/DSP design engineers to implement and debug algorithms on real-time hardware.
- Contribute to system test plans for debug and verification of algorithm performance.
- Experience leading teams of systems and algorithms engineers for developing signal processing systems, preferably in the communications space
- Ability to understand product requirements and map it to system architecture and implementation, including task definition and schedule building.
- Hands-on ability to prototype algorithms in MATLAB and C and help with implementation of algorithms in real-time, embedded systems or through realization in hardware
- Strong mathematical and communication theory background
- Knowledge of echo cancellation algorithms and techniques a plus
- Understanding of RF transceivers and architectures is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Education & Experience
- MS (Ph.D preferred) in Electrical Engineering or related field with at least 10 years of industrial experience
Kumu Networks is revolutionizing the way wireless systems are built using a proprietary full-duplex technology based on research at Stanford University. This wireless full-duplex technology allows a radio to transmit and receive signals at the same time and in the same frequency range/channel. Kumu's patent pending full-duplex technology changes the basic assumptions on which current wireless radios are built, allowing for improved performance/throughput and applicable in a variety of wireless devices affecting all wireless markets.