Director of Manufacturing / Operations
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Title: Director of Manufacturing/Operations
The Director of Operations will work with Kumu’s engineering team to bring the world’s first full-duplex products to market. This position will be responsible for delivering new products into the telecom and military markets, from prototype through to GA manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have prior experience delivering UL/FCC/CE certified products into telecommunications markets.
- Selection and day-to-day management of contract manufacturer.
- Purchasing, including sourcing of key components, and tooling as needed.
- Develop and implement efficient manufacturing processes, including appropriate MRP processes.
- Represent operations in the product design life cycle and provide manufacturing capability feedback to design teams.
- Develop manufacturing test requirements and drive NPI bring up, validation, and characterization for smooth production ramp.
- Partner with Finance to maintain and forecast costed BOMs in line with company targets.
- Collaboration on and selection of appropriate systems and tools to support manufacturing operations in line with best practices.
- Working with onshore and offshore suppliers to ensure that our products are delivered correctly and on-time.
- Working with our ATE team to develop and implement manufacturing test.
Desired skills and experience:
- BS or higher in engineering or similar degree program
- 10+ years of relevant manufacturing/operations experience
- Proven track record of leading board/system-level products through different phases of life cycle - from design to high-volume manufacturing.
- DFx knowledge in electrical, thermal and mechanical components of system
- Knowledge of hardware and software interaction (e.g. familiar with embedded low level firmware and/or embedded operating systems and H/W)
- Hands-on experience in design analysis, prototype bring-up and debugging, failure verification and manufacturing test support
- Familiarity with telecom electronics requirements (UL/FCC/CE)
- Hands-on experience with Perl/Python/Shell scripting
Kumu Networks is revolutionizing the way wireless systems are built using an innovative full-duplex wireless design that was originally developed at Stanford University. Wireless full-duplex allows a radio to transmit and receive signals at the same time using a single frequency channel. Kumu's full-duplex technology changes the basic assumptions on which current wireless radios are built, allowing for improved performance and reduced complexity in a variety of wireless devices and affecting all wireless markets.