Analog Design Manager
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
960 Hamlin Court
Sunnyvale, California 94089
The Analog Design Manager will be a key contributor to the evolution of Kumu Networks full-duplex technology. He/she will work with Kumu’s core technology team to drive the miniaturization of self-interference cancellers into integrated circuits. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience leading the successful on-time delivery of complex RF, analog and mixed signal chips. The candidate should have a good understanding of different IC technologies (RF-SOI, SiGe BiCMOS and standard CMOS) and the design methodology from product requirement all the way through to release for production.
Responsibilities include working with the pre-development chip team and the product and systems teams to understand chip requirements, help develop chip specifications and project plans for the design, evaluation and test development of complex SoCs. Candidates should be hands-on designers who can drive both block level design as well as top-level integration, including delivering all needed simulation results, milestone reviews and documentation for highly complex RF and analog chip.
- Lead a small team of IC designers and layouters to develop and deliver a highly complex RF and analog chip
- Work with the rest of the chip designers and the technology and product teams to define chip specifications meeting product requirements and delivery schedules
- Manage external contractors for layout and schematic entry needed during peak load periods
- Work with the software and digital design engineers to specify and integrate configuration and control interfaces
- Contribute to chip test plans for bring-up, characterization and production testing.
- Experience leading teams of design engineers to deliver complex analog chips, including RF and preferably mixed signal.
- Ability to understand system requirements and map it to chip architecture and implementation, including task definition and schedule building.
- Hands-on ability for circuit design and schematic entry.
- Strong knowledge of RF and analog process technologies and trade-offs, including CMOS, CMOS on SOI, SiGe BiCMOS etc.
- Familiarity with Cadence chip design software and KeySight ADS package
- Understanding of RF transceivers and architectures needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Education & Experience
- MS / Ph.D in Electrical Engineering or related field with at least 10 years of industrial experience building high performance complex analog and RF chips
Kumu Networks is revolutionizing the way wireless systems are built using a proprietary full-duplex technology based on research at Stanford University. This wireless full-duplex technology allows a radio to transmit and receive signals at the same time and in the same frequency range/channel. Kumu's patent pending full-duplex technology changes the basic assumptions on which current wireless radios are built, allowing for improved performance/throughput and applicable in a variety of wireless devices affecting all wireless markets.