5G and LTE System Integration and Test Engineer
Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA | Full Time
Kumu Networks is revolutionizing the way wireless systems are built using an innovative full-duplex wireless design that its co-founders developed in their research at Stanford. Wireless full-duplex allows a radio to transmit and receive signals at the same time using a single frequency channel. Kumu's patent pending full-duplex technology changes the basic assumptions on which current wireless radios are built, allowing for improved performance and reduced complexity across a variety of wireless devices and markets. Come help us change the future of wireless!
You are an 5G/LTE enthusiast with experience bringing up, integrating, and testing cellular radios (LTE and 5GNR). You want to be a part of a team developing the world’s first 5G full-duplex IAB and deploying LTE wireless full-duplex relays. You will participate in the full life cycle of product development – from requirements definition and documentation, through test specification (hardware design and component selection), test implementation (hardware and software), product characterization and validation (test execution), issue analysis (triage), and debug. You will work directly with customers to bring-up, integrate, and validate our full duplex relays in their network.
The ideal candidate is above all a skilled 5G and LTE Systems Engineer with experience in characterizing and integrating UE’s with strong programming skills. You are comfortable on 5G and LTE system testers like the CMX/CMW500, can connect a UE to a Small Cell and EPC/5GC in the lab, and would love to automate the entire process in Python. You understand and are comfortable with the networking aspects of bringing up cellular systems. You can relate TCP/UDP throughput to PHY level parameters and can dig through routing tables and NAT entries to debug packet drop problems. You are familiar with drive testing and channel propagation measurements.
You are able to interpret product requirements and derive engineering specifications and test plans from them. You have experience working on and qualifying 5GNR and LTE radio technologies in the lab, as well as supporting radios in the field. You are fluent in at least one scripting language and can prototype and develop repeatable and traceable tests. You are able to clearly discuss your plans, technical details, and results with a variety of other development teams.
- Experience designing and implementing 5GNR/LTE RF/wireless system validation tests (designing hardware with OTS components and test equipment, and writing the software in an Object Oriented and scalable manner).
- Experience with running and debugging network layer tests on 5GNR and LTE networks, like end-to-end TCP and UDP packet throughput tests. Ability to debug and solve packet drop problems over complex networks – familiar with NAT, routing tables, IPSec tunnels etc.
- Experience executing tests, analyzing data and reporting on RAN system performance (ACLR, EVM, Sensitivity, Throughput, etc)
- Experience debugging product and test setup issues (RF as well as network)
- Experience reading communication system requirements and developing test and characterization plans from them.
- Strong with at least one scripting language (Python preferred).
- Clear written and spoken communication.
- BS. degree or higher in EE or similar discipline
- >5 years of relevant work experience (or MS. + 3years)
- Experience with Nokia or Ericsson small cells and/or 5GC/EPC emulators (eg: Amarisoft / Polaris).
- Experience will related software tools like GIT and CI testing.
- Lunch provided daily
- Sunny, open, collaborative workspace
- Opportunity to work with great people