Program Outreach Coordinator
Programs | Oakland, CA | Full Time
SupplyBank.Org, a nonprofit organization located in Oakland, CA, seeks a full-time AmeriCorps VISTA Program Outreach Coordinator for a one year fellowship to expand our statewide efforts to provide basic materials like school supplies and hygiene supplies to impoverished children and youth. The Program Outreach Coordinator will report to the Senior Programs and Operations Manager.
SupplyBank.Org's mission is to address the unmet material needs of homeless and other impoverished children, and adults working towards self-sufficiency. From 2010-2016, we donated $25,000,000 of school supplies, diapers, dental supplies and other basic materials to more than 500,000 children in hundreds of school districts and other partner agencies throughout California. We have also successfully sponsored three bills in the California Legislature to further establish our business model and engaged a supply chain network all working to ensure that homeless and other low-income children have the materials they need to achieve.
SupplyBank.Org, is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA member fellow with the goals of: (1) strengthening our capacity to provide diaper kits that include critical early childhood development information to homeless and other low-income (free/reduced price meal eligible) families throughout the state, (2) creating new partnerships with agencies and programs as part of our distributions and coordinating distribution plans for diaper kits to low-income families and (3) expand and coordinate the in-kind donation program with the building of a 60,000 sq. foot distribution center. The VISTA member's activities will include outreach, visiting local county FRCs, volunteer recruitment, event management, program development, development of educational/reference materials, and grant writing.
The VISTA member’s work will leverage SupplyBank.Org’s existing statewide partnerships and supply distribution model with the outcome of delivering information about health insurance, health care access and health benefits programs to hundreds of thousands of low-income children and their families. The VISTA member’s activities will include outreach, volunteer recruitment, event management, program development, development of educational/reference materials, and grant writing.
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written. Engaging on the phone. Tactful when writing emails.
- Interest in becoming or already a power-user of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, and other software as needed.
- Good public speaking skills. Not intimidated to speak to groups of 20-50.
- Strong writing/editing abilities. Able to assist with grant-writing and other high-level writing assignments. Comfortable writing memos, support letters, marketing brochures, website copy, etc.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Interest in public relations and event-coordination.
- Willingness to travel extensively if needed.
- Basic understanding of the U.S. and California healthcare system.
- Interest in K-12 education, and child development. Passionate about helping kids.
Nice to Have
- Strong understanding of local and statewide government.
- Experience creating marketing materials (using PhotoShop, Microsoft Publisher, or other desktop publishing software).
- Experience with e-marketing and social media.
- Experience with HTML/CSS.
- Nonprofit fundraising experience.
This position is an AmeriCorps VISTA fellowship. During a 12-month term of service, the VISTA member will receive a monthly living allowance of $2,010, and child care benefits for those who qualify. SupplyBank.Org also provides a transportation subsidy of $90 and rent subsidy of $300 to AmeriCorps VISTA fellows. Upon completion of a year of service, members have a choice of receiving an education award of $5,775 or an end-of-service stipend of $1,500. You can learn more about the AmeriCorps VISTA program from the Corporation for National & Community Service.
Please submit both a cover letter and resume.