Sr. Product Manager, Architectural Linear Lighting
Product Management & Advanced Technologies | Hybrid in Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager, Architectural Linear Lighting, to help us identify and bring to market innovative technologies and architectural-specification-grade linear lighting products to be used by world-renowned lighting designers to create the most beautiful spaces on Earth. In an industry ridden with “me-too” products that just offer more options and no new solutions, you will deliver infinite solutions requiring fewer decisions.
- Develop a winning strategy, vision and roadmap to grow category, and win resources to execute plan
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Architectural Linear specification grade lighting market and products
- Research and clearly identify market/user/persona needs
- Own assigned products from inception to end of life
- Execute effective product launch plan to maximize sales
- Identify and synthesize key product and non-product trends
- Create business bases and product requirements. Build the Right Thing (BTRT)
- Provide the key voice of the customer through the product development process, especially to manage risk and solve problems as they arise
- Collaborate with every department to ensure the product meets customer and company requirements
- Educate and train internal and external sales personnel
- Become the go-to person for assigned product for any questions or guidance
- Perform competitive product analysis, conduct user research, figure out the use-cases and map out the opportunity landscape to drive market creation for these technologies and products. Test and validate products with markets
- Partner with program management team to ensure on-time, on-spec and on-budget development
- Support product launch and growth via demos, training and tech support for new products
- Effectively manage and communicate lifecycle management phase in/phase out
- BS or MS in business, engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of lighting industry experience, with at least 5 years focused on Architectural Linear Products
- Experience leading the development of innovative new solutions and products, including identification of customer needs, market opportunity sizing, competitive assessments, business case creation and translating customer and business needs into technical product specifications
- Strong project management skills
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, decision-making and leadership skills
- Ability to work with a cross functional a team and communicate effectively
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required as a condition of employment. Exemptions may be sought for documented medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.