Sr. Electrical Engineer, LED Lamp Drivers
Engineering | Fremont, CA | Full Time
Korrus is a rapidly growing technology company focused on a new field of study, Human Light Interaction. Using the sun as inspiration, we are using our inventions to transform artificial light.
We develop light-based technologies to improve the physiological, visual, and psychological well-being of people. In this effort, we are pioneering in the areas of color science, AI, machine learning and software defined light.
We hire curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
- Own product definition, complete product specifications and lead the entire advanced circuit design cycle while meeting size, thermal, regulatory, manufacturability, reliability and cost objectives.
- Drive implementation of new technologies into product development and innovation of new technologies for future products; protect intellectual property through patent disclosures.
- Actively create PCB layouts and coordinate and with the thermal, mechanical, embedded and system design throughout the product development cycle.
- Validate electrical designs through design reviews, product testing and detailed analysis.
- Resolve quality issues related to components or manufacturing, troubleshoot field-related technical issues and quickly implement product updates.
- Implement ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) to document changes to products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology and 5+ years of electrical engineering experience
- Knowledge of AC/DC constant current LED driver design using topologies such as Flyback, Buck, Boost, Buck/Boost, or SEPIC
- Experience developing and launching compact, high volume AC/DC LED drivers for US and Global compliance (UL and IEC safety, Power Factor/THD, EMC, flicker, audible noise)
- Understanding of circuit design for phase-cut (forward and reverse) compatibility and dimming highly preferred
- Ability to use electrical test equipment (power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Experience in writing scripts and automated testing equipment (ATE) code for test automation
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.