Senior Product Manager - Healthy Light Software Applications
Product Management & Advanced Technologies | Hybrid in Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Korrus is a Los Angeles-based technology company and pioneer in Human Light Interaction (HLI), the next frontier in human health and wellness. Our technologies enable an ecosystem of novel products and applications at the intersection of light and wellbeing. We operate through a collection of sub-brands with specific market segment mandates. Learn more at Korrus.com.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
We are seeking a Sr. Product Manager, Healthy Light Software Applications to identify and bring to market a suite of groundbreaking mobile experiences designed to optimize the user’s “Light Diet”. In a world with busy schedules and a desire to operate at the highest level, our applications will help improve interactions with light for optimal personal performance. This will begin by helping to recommend the individual’s light exposure tuned to their unique circadian rhythms and continue with enhancements to drive healthy light outcomes across a full bed-to-bed journey.
You are someone who thrives on bringing successful software applications to market. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of the Health and Fitness Application Market space, a track record of developing and releasing 5-star IOS/Android Applications, a Market-leaning posture comfortable and experienced in evangelizing solutions in a new market space, a foundation in Agile-based web and mobile application development, and forward-thinking adopter of product management best practices. Allowing for effective management of multiple concurrent products.
- Develop a winning Product Category strategy, vision, and roadmap to grow category, and win resources to execute plan
- Own and drive Product Category performance to exceeding market and business goals
- Conduct market/user research, identify key personas and needs, develop use-cases, prioritize features, and test and validate product ideas with customers
- Incorporate stakeholder input into product roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer - utilize data and analytics to determine prioritization.
- Build Product Business Cases and clear Market Requirements Documents
- Gather requirements from key stakeholders and break them down into user epics and stories
- Partner with program management and scrum teams to ensure on-time, on-spec and on-budget development
- Provide the key voice of the customer through the development process, especially to prioritize product features, manage risk and solve problems as they arise
- Execute effective product launch plan to maximize sales
- Collaborate with every department to ensure the product meets customer and company requirements
- Become the go-to person for assigned product for any questions or guidance
- Support product launch and growth via demos, training, and tech support for new products
- Own assigned products from inception to end of life. Effectively manage and communicate lifecycle management phase in/phase out
- BS or MS in business, engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of fitness, wellness, or lighting industry experience, with at least 3 years focused on health and wellness
- 5+ years’ professional product management experience with online, mobile, and/or OTT products.
- Experience with cloud-based environments is desired
- Experience leading the development of innovative new solutions and products, including identification of customer needs, market opportunity sizing, competitive assessments, business case creation and translating customer and business needs into technical product specifications
- Strong product management skills
- Strong business acumen, problem-solving, decision-making, and leadership skills
- Ability to work with a cross-functional a team and communicate effectively
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required as a condition of employment. Exemptions may be sought for documented medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.