Senior Firmware Engineer
Engineering | Remote in Los Angeles, CA | Full Time | From $105,000.00 to $146,000.00 per year
Korrus is a Los Angeles-based technology company and pioneer in Human Light Interaction (HLI), the next frontier in human health and wellness. Our technologies enable an ecosystem of novel products and applications at the intersection of light and wellbeing. We operate through a collection of sub-brands with specific market segment mandates.
Learn more at Korrus.com
Primary Role and Responsibility:
The Senior Firmware Engineer will participate in all phases of software development targeting embedded systems, including design, coding, integration, and debugging of major portions of software projects.
The candidate will demonstrate self-motivation and own the execution of project/program tasks, confidently challenge traditional conventions, and recommend new effective approaches. Deliverables may require extensive technical analysis and inventive design recommendations for cost effective resolutions. Contributions may lead to new ideas that support the generation of intellectual property. The Firmware Engineer will synchronize across functional groups to ensure all inputs are received and guide technical support staff in testing and analysis.
- To design and develop critical firmware architecture that will be utilized across leading-edge platforms
- Design and develop organized, easy to read and modify software source code for embedded systems
- Debug software/firmware using emulators, analyzers, simulators, and similar tools
- Develop applications using industry standard technologies to generate efficient and portable code
- Design and develop communication protocols, standard and proprietary for device communications via wired technologies
- Create applications and drivers deployed inside embedded hardware devices
- Document software designs and code with specifications and source comments, and create end user documentation
- Program in high level and low-level languages as appropriate including C/C++ and assembly.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of cross functional and related technical areas such as Software Quality techniques, Systems-level integration & Test, software configuration management, and release management
- Participate in peer to peer and cross functional design review meetings
- Bachelor's degree or greater in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience directly related experience in embedded control systems design and development
- Experience in C, C++ and embedded programming
- Understanding of RTOS concepts and expertise in designing event driven real-time system firmware
- Experience in design and develop Test Cases/Procedures for complex embedded system
- Experience in using test equipment such as DMM, power analyzer, Oscilloscope, etc.
- Experienced using communication API to control test equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (less than 20%)
- Possess the ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
Nice to have Skills/Qualifications:
- Direct experience in using FreeRTOS is desirable
- Product development experience in multi-channel LED systems including advanced color, circadian stimulus, or other spectral tuning color algorithms is desirable
- Product development experience in lighting control application or LED drivers is desired
- Experience in designing firmware using one or more of the lighting control communication protocols such as DALI, DMX, BLE, BLE-Mesh, ZigBee, Z-Wave etc.
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required as a condition of employment. Exemptions may be sought for documented medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.