Product Development Engineer, LED
Engineering | Fremont, CA | Full Time
Ecosense is a rapidly growing technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire and transform how we experience light. Our strategy is audacious, and our expectations are high. We are pioneering in the areas of color science, photometry and mixed reality. Using the sun and the moon as inspiration, we are using our inventions to enhance our industry’s understanding of light and materially transform expectations for artificial light.
We have been fortunate to light some of the most coveted spaces on earth and to be recognized by the likes of Red Dot for innovation and design, as well as Inc 500 and Deloitte for consistently making their fastest growing companies lists.
Ecosense hires curious, collaborative, autonomous and smart people who also happen to be very nice. We have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
EcoSense Lighting is offering an exciting R&D opportunity in the LED product development team. The Product Development Engineer will be responsible for advancing the performance of LED products via process development and implementation. This individual will also support the pilot line via sustaining engineering, personnel management, and various other hands-on activities. This role requires a creative and self-motivated individual who seeks out solutions to the various challenges associated with the position and drives these solutions to completion.
- Prototype LED packages
- Characterize Optical, Electrical, and thermal performance of LED packages
- Design and drive experiments to advance the performance of LED products
- Analyze data and present findings to the direct team and other partners
- Sustain and continuously improve the pilot line operations
- Update the pilot line to align with R&D goals and contract manufacturer capabilities
- Develop, write, and implement standard operating procedures for existing and new processes.
- Maintain BOMs for new and legacy products in PLM system
- Train and mentor technicians and junior members of the team.
- Establish strong working relationships with materials and process equipment vendors.
- AS, BS, MS, or PhD in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with concentrations in at least one of the following areas:
- Electronics / Optoelectronics Assembly
- Process Engineering
- Test Engineering
- The ideal candidate will be very hands on and excited by complete ownership of equipment and processes
- Familiarity with optical and electrical measurements using LEDs, lasers, spectrophotometers, integrating spheres, and power supplies
- Ability to interpret and analyze performance parameters of LED packages
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and general computer expertise
- Familiarity with computational and statistical analysis tools such as MATLAB, JMP, or python
- Knowledge of silicone encapsulant materials
- “Self-starter” mentality and ability to keep up with a fast development pace
- Excellent communication skills