iOS/Android (Mobile Developer)
Engineering | Hybrid in Los Angeles, CA | Full Time | From $145,000.00 to $150,000.00 per year
Korrus is a Los Angeles-based technology company and pioneer in Human Light Interaction (HLI), the next frontier in human health and wellness. Our technologies enable an ecosystem of novel products and applications at the intersection of light and wellbeing. We operate through a collection of sub-brands with specific market segment mandates. Learn more at Korrus.com.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
We are seeking Mobile Application Developers for our Healthy Light Applications. This includes a suite of groundbreaking mobile experiences designed to optimize the user’s “Light Diet”. In a world with busy schedules and a desire to operate at the highest level, our applications will help improve interactions with light for optimal personal performance. This will begin by helping to recommend the individual’s light exposure tuned to their unique circadian rhythm and continue with enhancements to drive healthy light outcomes across a full day’s bed-to-bed journey.
You are someone who thrives on developing successful products. You prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on products that make a difference in people’s lives. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
Primary responsibilities include developing the product architecture; building code and executing against epics, stories, and features backlogs; providing insight to Product Managers and UX Designers about platform requirements and limitations; and releasing the highest quality code and mobile applications to end users.
- Build beautiful and highly functional Mobile Applications – first launch IOS with quick follow on to Android
- Dive into hard problems and successfully deliver great results on schedule
- Strong participant in Sprint Planning – refine and clarify user requirements into Epics and Stories, accurately estimate Story Points and team Velocity, and execute plans
- Ensure quality code is delivered through high standards, continuous integration, development, and testing
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks, rectify bugs and enhance application performance
- Collaborate with internal teams to define common interfaces, and integrate with APIs from internal and external partners as needed
- Monitor the performance of live apps and work on optimizing them at the code level
- Perform unit and instrumentation tests on code
- Stay up to date with new mobile technology trends, applications, and protocols. Research and keep abreast of the latest APIs and changes from Apple.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, UI/UX designers and external teams to design, build and extend application features and provide solutions to optimize performance, scalability, security protocols, analytics integration
- Drive project architecture to scale large mobile applications and enabling team efficiency
- Develop test planning, execution, and continuous releases.
- Degree in software development, computer science, or similar.
- Full life cycle of Mobile app development experience across iOS and Android platforms
- 6+ years of experience with designing, developing, testing applications, including 3+ years of experience building mobile applications and releasing to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Proficient in Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch.
- Extensive experience with iOS Frameworks such as Core Data and Core Animation.
- Knowledge of iOS back-end services.
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Mercurial, Git, and SVN.
- Knowledge of C-based libraries.
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin, or C++.
- Ability to use the Android Studio, including the Android SDK, with ease.
- Experience with the Android Material Design Interface Guidelines & Android app permissions
- Experience with Agile development including daily scrum, Jira and weekly iteration reviews and planning
- Must have experience with automated testing, both Code & UI testing
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs, and cloud messaging.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- General understanding of mobile networking and cloud/content services
- Experience with continuous integration
- Passion for great application architecture and user-experience
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills.
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision.
- Unwavering curiosity.
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required as a condition of employment. Exemptions may be sought for documented medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.