Firmware QA Engineer
Engineering | Remote in Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Korrus is a Los Angeles-based technology company and pioneer in Human Light Interaction (HLI), the next frontier in human health and wellness. Our technologies enable an ecosystem of novel products and applications at the intersection of light and wellbeing. We operate through a collection of sub-brands with specific market segment mandates.
Learn more at Korrus.com.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
The Firmware QA Engineer will be a key part of the Korrus Firmware Engineering team responsible to fully test and qualify Ecosense firmware systems. We are seeking a candidate who has at least 5 years of experience testing firmware and working with automated test platforms. This will include design, development, and documentation, of test systems along with integration and testing of customer-facing lighting products. It is an individual contributor position that will require knowledge of test methods as well as collaboration with cross-functional design teams.
- Develop & implement test plans and test cases for unit, integration, acceptance and regression testing for firmware and application software
- Estimate, prioritize, and plan testing activities
- Identify, record and track bugs using software tools.
- Program various microcontrollers and alter existing firmware source-code to meet testing requirements.
- Writing of test scripts, test plans and automating test processes and documenting test results.
- Use electrical lab equipment to observe and analyze the behavior of digital and analog circuits.
Skill and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Electrical Engineering (EE), Computer Engineering (CE), or equivalent Experience establishing automated test environments for embedded systems
- Knowledge of electronics, printed circuit boards, and FPGA
- 7+ years of relevant experience testing firmware, using automated testing techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire firmware/software development cycle
- Knowledge of embedded software and firmware.
- Ability to create automated testing and implement scripting languages to support test automation
- Knowledge of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Experience working in an Agile development process and a sound understanding of the role QA plays
- Demonstrated ability to track bugs and set severity levels to assure proper priority is established for development team
- Experience in hardware test methods as they relate to verifying firmware solutions.
- Debug software/firmware using emulators, analyzers, simulators, and similar tools
- Proficient in programming with Python, C
- Familiar with communication protocols including RS-232, RS-485, SPI, USB, UART, etc.
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required as a condition of employment. Exemptions may be sought for documented medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.