Enterprise WLAN/LAN System Engineer
Research and Development | Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
KodaCloud is looking for an Enterprise WLAN/LAN System Engineer responsible to define and validate the evolution of our WLANaaS Cloud AI Product Suite.
We are looking for someone with strong WLAN and LAN protocol knowledge with hands-on experience managing enterprise networks. The candidate must show a great ability to work closely with product management, software architects and our CTO to define the evolution of the product and take responsibility for architecture validation in our labs and at the customer sites.
- Define the Use Cases and Requirements driving product evolution
- Define the key algorithms to continue improving automatic management of WLAN and LAN network elements in the enterprise including QoE modelling, automatic root cause analysis and mitigation.
- Develop test plans to validate the algorithms
- Run the test plans in KodaCloud's R&D labs
- Collaborate with our Customer Support team to ensure successful deployment of the new algorithms to customer networks.
- Opportunity for this role to evolve to a team leader or management position
- Excellent English communication skills
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- Ability to define and document complex algorithms to ensure proper implementation by the software teams
- 5+ years working on the development and validation of Enterprise WLAN products , switching and routing protocols, either in a system group or a development team.
- Strong balance of OSI layer 1,2,3 communication theory and hands-on experience
- You have exceptional leadership ability to drive product evolution
- Experience working with both product manufacturer and Service Providers (SP, MSPs, Enterprise IT)
- Hands-on software development (Python, Java)
- Experience with Rule Based Systems
- Knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning technologies
Some ways to stand out:
- Show experience of both product development and support work in a enterprise or Service Provide environment
- Show example of strong technical leadership experience