Technical Sales Engineer
Sales | Germiston, Gauteng, South Africa | Full Time
Do you want to be a pioneer and establish a truly global company with German roots in Southern Africa? Our company is based on a tradition of performance-driven people who embrace responsibility and want to make a difference. If you fit this description, apply now and join our team!
Who we are
With a 95-year-long history we are one of the world’s leading suppliers of machine tools and accessories. Our team of 400 people, located all over the world from Chicago to Hong Kong and headquartered in Germany ensures reliable presence, highest quality standards, and unsurpassed price/performance ratios worldwide.
Over 120,000 worldwide customers rely on us - from small workshops to large industrial corporations.
Sell for a winning team!
As a Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for servicing existing customers, generating leads, and closing new business. We are looking for motivated self-starters who possess strong communication skills, have a high degree of personal integrity and be driven for success. Together with our team you will be working on growing the African business within South Africa.
- Developing new accounts, servicing existing accounts, and generating new leads to ensure the territory is effectively covered and supported
- Creating annual business plans and sales strategies for the territory to exceed company sales goals and profitability
- Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
- Integrating sales and individual activity into our CRM system (current migration to Salesforce)
- 4-5 years proven sales experience within the machine tool industry or a related industry
- Strong, professional communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft's Office Suite
- Familiarity with CRM software
- Technical knowledge, previous experience with machine tools is a plus but not required
- Fluent in English
- This position requires frequent catalogue drops and customer visits
- Strong track record of tele sales and marketing and face to face meetings. You will be required to actively engage with customers on the phone and in person and will be set a weekly target.
What we offer
- A long-term perspective at a growing company with a 95-year history in the global machine tool market
- An exceptional opportunity in a highly motivated, dynamic environment with flat hierarchies
- Active participation in growing a truly global company
- Attractive remuneration
- The opportunity to actively grow one of the most promising industries in Southern Africa
We are the best employer for you if you want to be part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial team. You are enthusiastic, motivated and want to be part of our success story? Join our team now.