Customer Service | Germiston, Gauteng, South Africa | Full Time
Do you want to be a pioneer and establish a truly global company with German roots in Southern Africa? Our company is based on a tradition of performance-driven people who embrace responsibility and want to make a difference. If you fit this description, apply now and join our team!
Who we are
With a 95-year-long history we are one of the world’s leading suppliers of machine tools and accessories. Our team of 400 people, located all over the world from Chicago to Hong Kong and headquartered in Germany ensures reliable presence, highest quality standards, and unsurpassed price/performance ratios worldwide.
Over 120,000 worldwide customers rely on us - from small workshops to large industrial corporations.
Provide world-class service to our customers!
Happy customers are the backbone of any company. As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for making sure our customers receive best-in-class service and build long-lasting relationships with them. We are looking for customer-centric individuals with in-depth knowledge of conventional and CNC machines. Together with our team you will be working on growing the business within South Africa.
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment at the customer site
- Building and maintaining exceptional customer relationships by driving excellence in customer service
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining optimum solutions
- Understanding individual customer requirements and coming up with excellent recommendations
- Providing remote support to customers
- Assisting with trade shows and demos
- Actively driving process improvement initiatives
- Creating a servicing structure and schedule
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
Associate in Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Technology or equivalent educational background
3-5 years technical field service experience and excellent knowledge of technologies including Electrical, Mechanical, and Mechatronics.
- Experience in installing and maintaining lathes, milling machines, grinding machines, drilling machines, etc.
- Experience in handling CNC machines (e.g. Siemens, Fanuc)
- Ability to travel including overnight and possibly weekends
- High degree of customer focus and excellent communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills and diagnostic capabilities
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
What we offer
- A long-term perspective at a growing company with a 95-year history in the global machine tool market
- An exceptional opportunity in a highly motivated, dynamic environment with flat hierarchies
- Active participation in growing a truly global company
- Attractive remuneration
- The opportunity to actively grow one of the most promising industries in Southern Africa
We are the best employer for you if you want to be part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial team. You are enthusiastic, motivated and want to be part of our success story? Join our team now.