IT | 1227, Switzerland | Full Time
Founded in 2009, Knowledge Expert have offices in Geneva (Switzerland) We work for leading international clients, we are looking for a Oracle DBA to be based in New York. The ideal candidate must have a solid IT background with a good track record.
· To continue our expansion, we are looking for a talented Oracle DBA
· Manage standard admin activities – create site collections/databases; security etc.
DESCRIPTION OF THE WORK
· Provide technical support for Managed Oracle Database Hosting services provided by the client, including system administration of Oracle database technology components.
· Design, install, configure and support Oracle database instances.
· Design, install, configure and support Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), including Stretched Clusters.
· Implement backups using RMAN, disaster recovery using DataGuard, monitoring using Oracle Enterprise Manager.
· Apply database patches, updates and perform upgrades.
· Co-ordinate with the application and database vendors for resolution of problems (functional bugs, performance issues, etc).
· Assist in the provision of technical support for the ERP development team of the Partner Organization(s).
· Assist in the planning and running of disaster recovery tests.
· Provide assistance in landscape design.
· Monitor capacity.
· Perform routine production support activities and provide incident and problem management support.
· Troubleshoot database-related issues.
· Undertake performance tuning.
· Produce documentation as required.
· Implement project-type activities and other requests for services.
· Perform support activities during maintenance windows.
· In case of emergencies, provide support (either on-site or remotely using VPN connectivity) outside normal working hours.
· Provide standby and on-call support as and when required.
· Liaise with Partner Organizations on a service management basis.
· Provide telephone number where the consultant may be reached in case of emergency
· Perform other duties as required.
Extensive knowledge and support experience of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), including Stretched Clusters.” is vital.
Desirable elements are a minimum of 10 years’ Oracle DBA experience.
· Expert knowledge of English is required.
Education and Languages
- IT Academic background
- Fluency in English, French or Spanish is a plus