Social Media Manager
Marketing | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Social Media Manager
We are on the hunt for a best-in-class social media manager to join our growing team. You will be responsible for the strategy, content creation and day-to-day management of Knixwear’s social media presence as well as empowering our ambassador network with the tools effectively share our brand online, with the goal of developing an incredible online community.
We look for teammates that are ambitious, filled with ideas, always curious, honest, down to earth, and excited to be a part of the Knixwear journey as we build Canada’s next big brand.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strategy Development: You will manage the creation of a social media strategy that spans across multiple channels geared towards driving engagement with our existing community as well as acquiring new followers.
- Content Creation: Manage the content creation process (visual assets, copywriting, etc) to ensure a consistent brand presence and tone of voice
- Day-to-day community management: You will be responsible for all content shared through Knixwear’s social media profiles, including facebook, instagram and our blog
- Reporting: You will lead weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting on social media efforts keeping the rest of the team up to speed on initiatives and results
- Cross-functional collaboration: You will work across marketing, creative, e-commerce and operations to effectively share Knixwear’s ongoing activities with our community.
- Relationship Management: Manage the relationships with our growing network of Knixwear ambassadors and use social media to communicate their stories.
What We’re Looking For:
- A creative thinker that lives and breathes social media.
- A keen eye and visual aesthetic to help build the Knixwear brand. Graphic design and copy writing skills are an asset.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and the desire to stay on top of the latest online trends
- Successful experience managing social profiles and building a brand online
- Strategic thinking -- a vision for how we can scale the Knixwear brand and the role that social and community building plays in that effort.
- A team player who can also go it alone at times.
- Good project management skills and the ability to stay cool in fast-paced and ambiguous situations.
- Attention to detail.
- A "get it done" no task too small attitude.
- Intellectual honesty. You are just as likely to admit when your idea didn't work as when it did.
- Creative, yet strategic approaches to problem solving.
- An innovator who is entrepreneurial in spirit.
Background and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in (but not limited to) Business, Marketing, Visual Arts, Psychology or related field with 3-5 years of social media and online community building experience
Compensation and perks:
- We offer competitive full-time salary
- Health and dental benefits, the latest Knixwear gear