Engineering | Los Altos, CA | Full Time
Kiwi Crate is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the "20 Startups to Watch" by Business Insider and "Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley" by Lead411. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance from Caltrain.
We are starting to build our technology team and are looking for a talented Software Engineer interested in contributing to the very early stages of a startup - where you will have a real impact on the business and technology. You will work closely with our Engineering founder, who was part of the founding team at PayPal and early team at YouTube, as well as product management, marketing, and creative teams to help deliver a great user experience. Working within a small agile development process, you will be bringing new features to life across all of Kiwi Crate's digital presence and participating in all aspects of the product life-cycle. As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
- 3+ years of web/software development experience
- Experience with PHP/object oriented programming, LAMP Stack
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment
- Experience working with SVN/source control
- Experience with Ecommerce / Magento is a major plus
- Driven, flexible, self-starter with ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to deliver engineering tasks on time and with high quality
- Passionate about working with new technologies and solving difficult technical problems.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or relevant field of study
- eCommerce experience, particularly with Magento, Endicia
- Familiarity with Facebook APIs