HEAD OF PEOPLE OPERATIONS
Admin | Los Altos, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an ecommerce storefront as well as the retail channel. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors, and we were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Los Altos.
KiwiCo is looking for an experienced manager and go-getter with experience in all aspects of HR, recruiting, and people operations to lead HR for a fast-paced ecommerce startup. The successful candidate will manage the HR function by working cross functionally with the executive team. This leader will need to span all strategic and tactical aspects of HR and people operations including hiring, onboarding, coaching & talent development, promotion and performance reviews, employee retention, benefits, and keeping the culture alive. This role will work in partnership with all functional teams and levels of the company. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for building companies the right way, influencing growth within the company and a culture all employees can thrive in.
- Function as a strategic advisor to the CEO and executive team for all things people related
- Develop a comprehensive, integrated talent strategy for the entire organization and implement strategies to attract top talent and retain high performers
- Influence and drive recruitment and management throughout the organization with the goal of achieving a culture of learning, growth and high performance
- Own the overall experience of being an employee at KiwiCo and keeping it excellent and always in line with our culture and values
- Build and execute an employee performance management program by working with Managers within KiwiCo to deliver constructive feedback to employees and train teams on effective performance management techniques
- Manage recruiting and processes and platforms to bring top talent into the organization and the process of interviewing is always seamless
- Collaborate closely with other parts of the organization to ensure that we are being consistently transparent and communicating well within the organization
- Build, own, and scale employee professional development programs
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
- The successful candidate will have 8-10+ years experience in human resources, with a strong point of view on what it takes to grow a great team and build a great culture
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment to high-growth environments: startup/growth experience, particularly around the 75-200 person range
- Have built HR/People programs inside other organizations
- Optimistic and driven, while also being able to handle high-stress situations
- Believes in the power of culture and internal growth to help drive change within organizations
- Knowledge of state and federal HR regulations, laws and requirements
- Broad experience in all aspects of employee recruiting, onboarding, benefits and compensation, employee recognition, and talent development
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships and influencing senior executives
- Ability to manage diverse personalities and difficult situations with grace
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and manage detail-oriented workstreams
- A passion for people and their professional development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter telling us why you're interested in KiwiCo and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team.