Engineering | Los Altos, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an e-commerce storefront as well as the retail channel. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors, and we were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are currently located in Los Altos, and we'll be moving to Mountain View soon.
We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer interested in contributing to an established and growing startup, where you will have a real impact on the business and technology. You will work with our engineering, product management, marketing, and creative teams to help deliver a great user experience across all aspects of KiwiCo's digital presence. Working within a small agile development process, you will be bringing designs to life and helping to build new features across all areas of our product. You can expect to participate in all aspects of the product life-cycle. KiwiCo is passionate about user experience and we continually seek to improve using both quantitative analysis and user studies.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive on ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
- 1-5 years of web/software development experience
- Solid mobile-first HTML, CSS, and cross-browser layout skills and knowledge
- Experience working with SVN/source control
- Driven, flexible, self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to deliver engineering tasks on time and with high quality
- Passionate about working with new technologies and solving difficult technical problems
- BS in Computer Science or relevant field of study
- Experience with performance optimization and reworking critical rendering paths
- Knowledge of PHP/object-oriented programming
- eCommerce experience, particularly with Magento
- Experience with SASS, Bootstrap, AngularJS
- Knowledge of progressive web apps