Director / Senior Manager of Customer Strategy
Operations | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We're backed by leading investors and were named one of the "20 Startups to Watch" by Business Insider and "Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley" by Lead411. Our office is located in Mountain View, CA.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, data-driven Director or Senior Manager to join our team to lead our Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) efforts. The person in this role will evaluate strategic opportunities both inside and outside our company to increase CLV through improved customer retention, cross-sells, etc. This person would have end-to-end ownership of current/future programs from analysis through to execution of opportunities by working with Marketing, Product, Analytics, and Operations partners. Successful candidates will be comfortable analyzing data, but also have a passion for translating analytical insights into real-world programs.
- Analyze CLV data, develop insights, identify new analyses to conduct and either execute them or manage the execution by analysts (Example: Analyze subscriber retention/churn metrics and come up with idea to segment subscribers by promotional price)
- Segment our customers based upon demographic, behavioral, and other criteria to develop actionable and cost-effective programs to better serve those segments
- Identify opportunities to increase CLV spanning marketing, product and operations (Example: product upsells to increase average revenue per user)
- Prioritize opportunities, implement initiatives to test them and operationalize winning initiatives (Example: Work with email marketing team to implement product upsell email test, measure results and if successful automate email.)
- Create business cases and marketing plans. Write business requirements for product development. Manage marketing campaigns. Roll out programs with Operations and Customer Service
- Manage existing programs related to customer lifetime value such as product line expansions, and graduation from one product line to the next
- Work successfully across the organization with partners on our Exec Team, Marketing, Operations, and Product to support implementation of key recommendations
- We seek team players with an infectious positive energy and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity, love a fast paced environment, and have a strong desire to learn
- 3+ years of relevant marketing, strategy, product management or general management experience
- Excellent data analysis skill and the ability to generate novel insight
- Proven intellectual curiosity, ability to quickly come up to speed on complex business processes and generate creative solutions to tough problems
- Demonstrated success leading projects and teams of people that do not report to you
- Broad operating range - the ability to engage at a strategic, executive level and dive into hands-on execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of BA/BS degree in quantitative majors such as Economics, Finance, Engineering, etc
- Hands-on experience working with Looker, SQL, Tableau
- Previous experience working within management consulting, investment bank, product management or in an operating/strategy role at a high growth start-up.