Customer Support Representative
Operations | Lathrop, CA | Full Time
Kiwi Crate is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We’re a monthly subscription company and are growing our customer support team to provide email, phone, social media, and chat support. With multiple support channels, providing integrated and effective support is one of our top priorities!
This is a terrific opportunity to gain experience at an exciting e-commerce start-up where you’ll interact daily with our development, operations and marketing teams to deliver delightful service and improve the Kiwi Crate experience for our customers.
Specific responsibilities can include
- Become an expert on Kiwi Crate’s products and services as well as the order management process. Offer advice and help customers choose the right product
- Quickly and thoroughly solve problems for customers when deliveries, transactions or experience don't go 100% as planned
- Support our customers across platforms (chat, social media, email, etc) in an integrated way for seamless service
- In every interaction with customers: demonstrate an empathetic understanding of the customer’s question/problem, strive to completely answer the inquiry with a minimum of back and forth messages, and utilize a tone and voice that reflects the Kiwi Crate brand. All written communications should be clear and well-written, free of grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, etc.
- Provide thoughtful, strategic insight regarding customer needs to our product, digital, and marketing teams.
- Identify and contribute to solving priority issues that need immediate attention
- Think through the lenses of customer experience and systems-improvement to identify, suggest, and help implement improvements in the way we deliver the experience of Kiwi Crate.
Who you are: You're positive, motivated, dynamic, thoughtful, creative, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial with excellent judgment. You’re seeking to learn, interested in solving problems, and comfortable interacting with people across many channels, including social media. This position has growth potential for the right candidate.
About your skills:
- Passionate about customers. You love developing relationships with customers, delighting them with your positive attitude and outstanding customer support skills.
- Communication skills. Exceptional communication skills with customers and team members; friendly and pleasant demeanor over email and phone.
- Hands-on, "get things done" mentality. You thrive in a fast paced, small company environment, are comfortable with high volume of support issues, and both think and type fast!
- Detail-oriented. We move quickly, but we bring care and thoughtfulness to everything we do. We care deeply about the details.
- Resourceful. You see a project from idea stage through successful completion - and whatever it takes to make it a success. Hurdles are inevitable, but you take it upon yourself to take ownership, assess options and get something done.
- Technical. You are comfortable working with a variety of systems and basic business tools like Google docs, Excel etc. as well as, ideally, CRM and order management tools like Zendesk and Magento. Fast and accurate typing skills a must.
- Experience. College degree preferred. 1-3 years related experience. Understanding of basic order fulfillment processes for physical products and customer support experience with traditional eCommerce or subscription commerce is a plus.
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter telling us why you're interested in Kiwi Crate and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team! PLEASE NOTE WE ARE SERIOUS ABOUT A COVER LETTER--we don't consider resumes without a cover letter.
Compensation is commensurate with similar roles in our area.
More about us:
We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We're backed by leading investors and were named one of the "20 Startups to Watch" by Business Insider and "Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley" by Lead411. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance from Caltrain.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve. A strong work ethic, communication skills, high levels of empathy and selling skills are important to this position.