Strategy | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Kiwi Crate is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We're backed by leading investors and were named one of the "20 Startups to Watch" by Business Insider and "Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley" by Lead411. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance from Caltrain.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, data-driven Business Analyst to join our team. The Business Analyst will be instrumental in helping to analyze our business operations and identify opportunities for the company to cost-effectively better serve our subscribers. The Business Analyst will also evaluate strategic opportunities both inside and outside our company to drive growth. Successful candidates will possess deep analytical capabilities, love working with data, and demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively across functional teams. Your primary responsibilities include:
- Combine great data analytics skills with strong business acumen to provide insights that will drive company growth
- Work closely with our Operations team to provide ad hoc analyses, dashboards, and reports to improve performance
- Identify and execute other cross-functional analyses with cross-functional partners to provide insights around our customers, our products, new initiatives, new markets, etc.
- Work successfully across the organization to support impplementation of key recommendations
- Work with executive staff on improving and updating of company key success metrics, as well as monthly business / financial projection model
- Utilize tools such as SQL, Looker, Excel, etc. to perform analyses
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
The ideal candidate has great attention to detail and a analytical mind with a drive to improve bottom line results. Excellent organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills are musts. Required skills and qualifications include:
- BA/BS in a quantitative major (math, engineering, economics, statistics, physics, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience in an analytical role at an investment bank, consulting firm, or high growth startup
- Advanced modeling skills using Excel, scenario analysis, pivot tables
- Enthusiastic and excited about data, especially to understand ways of how to apply it to unstructured business questions
- Entrepreneurial, quick learner, and eager to dive into new problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presenting to executives
- Proficient with Powerpoint or other presentation tools
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects concurrently, occasionally under tight timelines
- Past experience utilizing SQL to access, join and manipulate large data sets
- Familiarity with Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization tools
- Past experience in role supporting operations with inventory and supply chain management analyses