Design | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids seriously fun and deeply engaging ways to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service that delivers hands-on projects to kids of all ages. We also have an online store and additional creative content. We take great pride and ownership in the products and experiences we design and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our offices are located in Mountain View, CA.
The UX/UI Designer role:
KiwiCo is looking for a creative and strategic designer who is passionate about designing great online user experiences. Our site plays a key role in shaping a potential customer’s view of the company, and the UX/UI Designer is responsible for designing - and improving upon - any pages, features, and flows.
Responsibilities also include staying true to our design aesthetic through the visual design of the website and marketing assets. Emails, ads, and landing pages are the first touch points we have with a potential customer, and it is important for the UX/UI Designer to be able to express the KiwiCo brand across these marketing assets.
- The UX, UI, and visual design of the website by balancing the needs of our users, our design aesthetic, and the objectives of the business
- Collaborating with the Marketing/Tech teams to assess product requirements and translate them into compelling designs that optimize the user experience
- Building rapid high fidelity prototypes, landing pages, and marketing assets
- Creating iterative designs that meet project objectives and incorporate feedback, analytics, and user testing
- Confidently presenting design ideas and recommendations to the team
- Keeping abreast of current design tools, techniques, and technologies
- BA/BS degree in Design (graphic, visual communications, interaction, product, etc)
- 1+ years of experience in visual, eCommerce, brand, or marketing design
- A portfolio showcasing UX, UI, and visual design work for mobile and desktop
- Fluent in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with limited resources by being self-motivated and working independently to deliver projects on time
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Attention to detail
- Experience working at a startup
- Experience designing mobile applications and/or for eCommerce