Supply Chain/Sourcing Manager
Operations and Supply Chain | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service. We design and deliver awesome hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an e-commerce storefront and content platform. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our offices are located in Mountain View, CA. Currently, we are working remotely. As guidelines permit, we will move to our plan of hybrid, remote/in-office work.
Role and Responsibilities:
We're looking for an experienced Supply Chain professional contributing to a startup - where you will have a real impact on the operations of the business. Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the identification of materials and components used to make our products, including cost and margin analysis, purchasing, tracking and all vendor communications.
- Managing timelines to ensure product procured, delivered, and reviewed
- Manage processes associated with testing products for safety and compliance
- Assist with inventory management and reconciliation
- Ensure inventory system remains up to date and error free and that we consistently apply processes and improvements over time
- Contribute to and improve the daily processes used by the organization to plan, produce and fulfill a growing number of products
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
The ideal candidate has great initiative and operating range. Desired skills and responsibilities:
- 4-7 years of Supply Chain/Sourcing experience.
- Self starter who is able to grasp new concepts/processes quickly and strive for continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to jump in and do what it takes
- Organized, with great time management skills, an ability to multi-task in a fast paced, constantly evolving, and dynamic environment
- Ability to develop simple quantitative analyses in Excel, which are often used to forecast, explain, or plan the business
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Familiarity with any manufacturing or purchasing processes, especially ones that involve small parts, subassemblies, etc.
- Experience using operational or accounting systems in an inventory based business
- Familiarity with purchasing/sourcing electrical/electromechanical components such as motors, solar cells and other electronics.
- Experience with purchasing/sourcing soft goods such as textiles and arts and craft materials.
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.