Operations and Supply Chain | Mountain View, CA | Temp to Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Role and Responsibilities:
We're looking for a Sourcing Associate interested in contributing to the very early stages of a startup - where you will have a real impact on the business. You will work with our Product Design and Ops Teams to identify, source, and plan for the materials that our little customers will delight in using to create, build, interact. You'll be - on the ground floor - bringing our products to life.
- Work closely and effectively with the Product Design and Merchandising teams to identify the appropriate set of materials for our activities.
- Manage supply and buying by planning and procuring the right product at the right time in the right quantity. Replenish, as needed.
- In addition to helping to identify the best materials, you should have an eye towards driving down costs.
- Execute purchasing. Interface effectively with oversea suppliers.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
The ideal candidate has great attention to detail and a competitive drive to find the best at the lowest cost. Excellent organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills are musts. Required skills and responsibilities:
- Passion for kids, creativity, hands-on learning.
- Great communications via phone, email. Excellent project manager.
- Eager and able to solve challenges and tackle opportunities. Identifies potential issues and hurdles and develops ways to get around them. Adapt to quickly figure out a way to get things done.
- Help with site merchandising and product design, including production, sample procurement, copy, images.
- BS/BA required
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.