Senior Manager, Core Growth
Strategy | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn; and arm them with the creative confidence and tools to change the world. Our core offering is a subscription service that delivers hands-on projects to kids of all ages. We also have an online store and a content hub for families. We take great pride and ownership in the products and experiences we design and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance to the Caltrain station. Currently, we are working remotely. As guidelines permit, we will move to our plan of hybrid, remote/in-office work.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, scrappy, data-driven, and cross-functional business leader to drive rapid expansion of the KiwiCo Core Subscription lines. In this General Manager type role, you will have end-to-end responsibility for the growth, health, and continued innovation of our subscriptions, including:
- Development of the long term strategy and tactical plans for the KiwiCo subscription business. Detailed plans will include well-supported perspectives and actions around product, customer acquisition & retention marketing, value propositions, and the overall end-to-end customer experience
- Developing a deep understanding of the KiwiCo subscription customer, working with Analytics partners to drive a stream of actionable insights to drive the business
- Assess and set aggressive growth priorities and targets, to ensure that KiwiCo is focused on the highest value subscription opportunities
- Execution of annual and quarterly plans, hitting aggressive top-line growth, cost efficiency, and customer quality targets
- Working cross-functionally with counterparts in Product/Technology, Marketing, Operations, and Customer Care to create a seamless customer experience from first visit to KiwiCo.com through the successful delivery of the Nth repeat purchase
- Influence cross-functional partners and manage more junior team members to align priorities and drive execution
- Provide concise and well articulated updates to executives and act as a fearless advocate
- 7+ years relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of driving significant results
- Experience in a consumer e-commerce, online direct to consumer business, or in an internal / external strategy consulting role.
- Start-up experience or similar experience in a fast-paced environment. Comfortable with ambiguity or decision making with sometimes less than ideal data to inform
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively while still being willing and able to get hands dirty in executing for results
- Experience driving results with effective marketing programs and digital product improvements; familiarity using common testing methods and frameworks
- Highly analytical; craving and utilizing data at every chance
- Excellent communications - both written and verbal; effective storyteller with demonstrated ability to advocate for new ideas and influence others
- Strong manager and leader with a history of building and developing great teams and working cross-functionally
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or quantitative field; MBA preferred
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.