Product Management | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn; and arm them with the creative confidence and tools to change the world. Our core offering is a subscription service that delivers hands-on projects to kids of all ages. We also have an online store and a content hub for families. We take great pride and ownership in the products and experiences we design and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance to the Caltrain station.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a product manager to help take our digital product to the next level. We are seeking a smart, analytical, driven, and entrepreneurial quick learner to join our team. You will be instrumental in helping to improve our product and grow our business. Your primary responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire product development lifecycle from ideation, requirements definition, to launch and optimization.
- Identify and prioritize product opportunities by leveraging and analyzing business intelligence, web analytics, competitive research, and user research
- Write clear and concise product and business requirements, and clearly communicate the requirements to the broader team
- Collaborate with development, design, marketing, business, operations, and CS teams to drive projects to successful completion, including project management and testing, to ensure that business goals are achieved
- Design, conduct, and analyze A/B testing results to optimize product conversion
- Measure and report results, track bugs, and define areas for constant enhancement and optimization.
- Product Management Experience - You have at least 3 years of consumer internet / mobile product management experience, preferably at a startup. You have great intuition around what makes a product viral, engaging, and easy to use.
- Smart/ Analytical - You are able to assess and analyze complex problems and figure out the best solution. You know your way around Excel and are able to derive actionable insights from large datasets and build financial models.
- Communications/ Collaborative - You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization. You understand the value of teams and play nicely with others.
- Business Savvy - You are business savvy and clearly understand how product changes impact key business metrics. You are able to make product recommendations based on likely ROI.
- Entrepreneurial - You love working with small teams in a fast-paced environment, are comfortable with uncertainty, multi-task and willing to wear lots of multiple hats. You are able to work under pressure and successfully drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fast / Agile - You work quickly with a sense of urgency. You enjoy being part of an agile team, moving towards our vision but responding quickly to changes. You believe in continuous learning and improvement.
- Passion - You love building products, technology, and the startup culture. You are inspired by customer needs and the desire to build great products to meet these needs.
- Detail Oriented - You proactively think through corner cases as you define product requirements, and are diligent in tracking and managing all project dependencies.
- More about you - You are positive, motivated, resourceful, curious, and thoughtful. You take initiative, ownership, and are not afraid to tackle unknown problems.
- Education - BS/BA required.
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
- Technical - You know basic coding and can communicate with the development team on a technical level.
- Startup experience - You’ve started something yourself or have been part of an early-stage startup.
- Ecommerce experience - You have experience working on an ecommerce site and know what it takes to grow revenue and improve purchase conversion.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.