Internal Application: Marketing Manager, Social & Content
Marketing | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Role and Responsibilities:
KiwiCo is looking for an experienced marketing manager who can help grow and cultivate our online community and social audience with engaging content and visually compelling design. You may have previous social media marketing experience or even a background in graphic design. In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving KiwiCo’s organic social content marketing calendar while identifying opportunities to ultimately increase community engagement and boost subscriber acquisition.
- Own and drive the content marketing calendar for KiwiCo’s social channels. Publish compelling content to encourage in-platform engagement, brand awareness, on-site traffic, email newsletter sign-ups, and conversion to the site.
- Provide graphic design support for creative asset creation for social channels to maintain a strong visual presence. Understand how social aligns with the company’s overall visual brand guidelines and practices.
- Own and grow our online social community. Develop programs to cultivate KiwiCo’s audience on social channels and encourage user-generated content. Initiate programs to better leverage customer content and testimonials for marketing purposes.
- Manage organic social budget and track to subscription acquisition and CPA goals.
- Partner with the wider Brand team to implement new strategies and campaigns. Research and keep up with industry trends. Test new engagement tactics with KiwiCo’s online community with fresh ideas and new programs. Track and measure success and engagement.
- Track and interpret KPI metrics to help determine appropriate marketing decisions. Share how key decisions are supported with necessary data.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace.
- 3-5 years’ experience in social media, digital marketing, or graphic design
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with a great eye for design and aesthetics
- In-depth working knowledge of social media landscape (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube), with social analytics experience
- Quantitative and data analysis skills. Experience with Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and Looker is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Agility and aptitude to create strategic marketing plans and do hands-on implementation.
- Care deeply about the quality of your work and how it impacts customers and brand. We move quickly, but we bring care and thoughtfulness to everything we do.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in the face of obstacles, take initiative to solve problems, and practice good judgment, all in the name of seeing projects from the idea stage through to successful completion.
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- BA/BS degree
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.