Design | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
The Graphic Designer role at Kiwi Crate brings our brands (Kiwi Crate, Koala Crate, Doodle Crate, Tinker Crate, Tadpole Crate, Eureka Crate and more) to life and plays a key role in shaping the consumer’s view of the company. It’s a rich and rewarding position that directly shapes our customers’ impressions and engages our young customers. You will be creating and delivering packaging, product designs, dielines, and collateral for our retail channel.
- Designs for print layout work including instruction sheets and magazines.
- Includes project creation with the design team, project testing, and some material sourcing.
- Creates presentations and sell sheets for meetings with retail buyers.
- Owns developing new packaging design for an assortment of products.
- Translates business, marketing, and branding objectives into design strategies.
- Collaborates closely with sourcing and ops teams.
- Organizes and art directs photo shoots.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
The ideal candidate has great initiative and operating range. Required skills and responsibilities:
- Experience. Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of graphic design experience with demonstrated creative successes. Experience in packaging required.
- Passionate about customers. You love our customers and understand how to design and develop artwork for a fun and enriching set of projects and materials - for kids and for parents.
- Hands-on, “get things done” mentality. Self-starter with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment and meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while still paying attention to details and executing flawlessly. Strong project management skills.
- Passionate about design. Understands the design and development process from concept to production. An eye for great design and intuitive understanding of what connects with readers / customers. Strong design and art skills with a fresh aesthetic. Proficient in CS6: InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator.
- Resourceful. You see a project from idea stage through successful completion - and do whatever it takes to make it a success. You are an innovative thinker and can solve problems creatively.
- Detail-oriented. We move quickly, but we bring care and thoughtfulness to everything we do. We care deeply about the details.
- Collaborative. Ability to work well within cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization. A positive force on the team who can bring our product to the next level.
- Broad operating range. Have the ability to think broadly around how illustration can further our business goals, while also having a love of detail and design finesse. Thrives in a fast-paced, small company environment.
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter telling us why you're interested in KiwiCo and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team.