Internal Application: Email Marketing Manager
Marketing | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced and quantitative email marketer to join our email team to help with day-to-day execution, management, reporting and optimization of our email marketing campaigns for new customer acquisition and retention. We’re seeking someone who is passionate about our brand, analytical and innovative in their approach to acquiring and engaging customers.
- Manage campaign execution from idea creation, copywriting, deployment, scheduling, segmentation, production, A/B testing, and optimization
- Execute and improve email strategy for new customer acquisition as well as retention programs to existing customers
- Collaborate with creative team on design, copy and email messaging
- Pull weekly campaign marketing reports and regularly analyze performance on KPIs including: delivery, open-rates, click-rates, conversion-rates
- Develop test plans and apply data driven techniques to optimize sales with existing customers including: personalization, frequency testing, messaging testing, offer testing, creative testing, segmentation / targeting and delivery timing testing
- Learn the operations behind our email service provider
- Employ a consistent best-practice approach for creating email templates, dynamic content, testing methodologies, list segmentation, deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws
- Use our existing data infrastructure to conduct analysis and identify ways to improve existing programs and new opportunities
- Design and implement effective marketing experiments. Analyze and communicate results, learn from what doesn’t work and further optimize and scale what does work.
We seek team players with an infectious positive energy and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity, love a rapid pace and have a strong desire to learn and improve.
- 2-5 years direct experience in email marketing, DTC experience preferred
- Hands-on experience and proven track record managing all aspects of email campaigns and delivery through major email service providers - experience with Iterable a plus
- Comprehensive understanding and the ability to perform basic HTML and CSS editing
- Strong analytical skills and solid understanding of all email marketing performance metrics, LTV analysis
- Strong creative intuition on messaging and designs that resonate with consumer and/or children's products and marketing to parents
- Experience devising and executing A/B test plans and conducting performance analysis
- Excellent data analysis skills and expertise with Excel
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt to change and perform under tight deadlines. Own results and have ample experience pivoting mid-campaign, and responding to data in real-time in service of driving campaign results
- Care deeply about the quality of your work and how it impacts customers and brand. We move quickly, but we bring care and thoughtfulness to everything we do
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in the face of obstacles, take initiative to solve problems, and practice good judgement, all in the name of seeing projects from idea stage through to successful completion
- Experience driving coordinated email and SMS campaigns
- BA/BS degree
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.