Director, Product Management
Product Management | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn; and arm them with the creative confidence and tools to change the world. Our core offering is a subscription service that delivers hands-on projects to kids of all ages. We also have an online store and a content hub for families. We take great pride and ownership in the products and experiences we design and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our office is located in Mountain View, within walking distance to the Caltrain station.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to help take our digital product to the next level. You will help define the digital product strategy for our ecommerce and content products, while leading and coaching our team of product managers. We are seeking a strategic, analytical, customer-focused, and entrepreneurial leader to join our team. You will be instrumental in helping to improve our product and grow our business. You will report to our Chief Product Officer. Your primary responsibilities include:
- Coach and manage a team of product managers to drive high-quality, customer-driven, data-backed product decisions.
- Manage the entire product development lifecycle from ideation, requirements definition, to launch and optimization.
- Identify and prioritize product opportunities by leveraging and analyzing business intelligence, web analytics, competitive research, and user research
- Collaborate with engineering, design, marketing, editorial, and operations teams to drive projects to successful completion, including project management and testing, to ensure that business goals are achieved
- Design, conduct, and analyze A/B testing results to drive business growth
- Management Experience - two+ years of experience managing and growing a product team
- Product Experience - eight+ years of consumer internet / ecommerce product management experience, preferably at a growth-stage startup. Great intuition around what makes a product engaging and easy to use across devices.
- Smart/ Analytical - Able to assess and analyze complex problems and figure out the best solution. Experience using data to drive product strategy and growth.
- Communications/ Collaborative - Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to lead high performing teams and work effectively with all levels of the organization. Ability to quickly command trust and respect from executives and partners.
- Business Savvy - Clearly understand how product changes impact key business metrics, and how to develop product strategy to accomplish business objectives. Adept at driving alignment around trade-off decisions based on product and company priorities
- Entrepreneurial - Thrive in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with uncertainty. Able to multitask and willing to wear lots of different hats. Able to work under pressure and successfully drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fast / Agile - Work quickly with a sense of urgency. Enjoy being part of an agile team, moving towards our vision but responding quickly to changes. Believe in continuous learning and improvement.
- Passion - Passion for building products, delighting customers, and driving business growth. Inspired by customer needs and the desire to build great products to meet these needs.
- More about you: You are positive, motivated, resourceful, curious, and thoughtful. You take initiative, ownership, and are not afraid to tackle unknown problems.
- Education: BS/BA required.
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
- Technical - Able to communicate with the development team on a technical level.
- Startup experience - Experience starting something or have been part of an early-stage startup.
- Ecommerce experience - Experience working on an ecommerce site and know what it takes to grow revenue and improve purchase conversion.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.