Director of Customer Care
Operations and Supply Chain | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Role and Responsibilities:
We’re looking for a compassionate and analytical go-getter to take a leadership role on our Customer Care team. This is an exceptional opportunity to manage a team at a high-growth start-up with an innovative business model and an inspiring mission. You will get the opportunity to interact with other teams in the company, while managing the Customer Care team and delivering delightful customer service to our members. The ideal candidate is positive, motivated, dynamic, thoughtful, analytical, creative, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial with excellent judgment.
Specific responsibilities include:
Build a vision for how we deliver customer care and support the customer’s journey. Identify and recommend the processes and technologies and partners needed to enable this vision. Advocate for these initiatives and be able to set goals, plan, and implement as needed to achieve the goal.
Help drive longer term strategy for technology investments and geographic expansion.
Partner with Financial Planning & Analysis to build accurate forecasts and budgets.
Drive team building, training, and retention. Establish a high bar for performance and create a culture that produces excellent, measurable results.
Balance resources and priorities to reduce contacts and address contacts optimally. Define and drive towards efficiency and quality metrics.
Manage external partners and internal team members.
Provide strategic oversight to our relationships with external customer care providers. Contribute day-to-day management as needed.
Get up to speed on various order management processes and back-end systems to identify and resolve issues, and find ways to improve our processes.
Work cross-functionally with operations, sourcing, marketing, product design and digital product to ensure smooth customer experiences.
Analyze data to provide thoughtful, strategic insight regarding customer needs to our product, digital, and marketing teams.
Oversee the quality and tone of our interactions with customers by setting a brand appropriate standard and coaching team on how to implement it.
- Passionate about customers.
- Demonstrable skills in managing people, experience with remote teams a plus.
- Experience in a metrics-driven organization, with direct, hands-on involvement in forecasting, budgeting and analyzing performance through numbers. Excellent Excel, and modeling skills.
- Superior communication skills with customers and team members. Strong presentation skills.
- Hands-on, "get things done" mentality. You thrive on doing the work yourself in a fast paced, small company environment
- Detail-orientation. We move quickly, but we bring care and thoughtfulness to everything we do. We care deeply about the details.
- Resourcefulness. You see a project from idea stage through successful completion - and whatever it takes to make it a success.
- Technical Comfort. You are comfortable working with a variety of systems and basic business tools like Google docs, Excel, as well as CRM and order management tools. Specific experience with Zendesk a plus. Interest in latest trends in customer care technologies a big plus.
- Understanding of basic order fulfillment processes for physical products and experience with an eCommerce company is strongly preferred.
- Work Experience. 8+ years related experience. Experience with customer support for traditional eCommerce or subscription commerce is a plus.
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.