Customer Care Representative
Customer Care | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our headquarters are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station. This position is currently work from home but will ultimately be located in our Mountain View or Lathrop, CA locations.
Role and Responsibilities
We’re looking for a capable, compassionate go-getter to join our Operations + Customer Care team. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a high-growth start-up with an innovative business model and an inspiring mission. You will get the opportunity to get trained on the inner workings of a startup while delivering delightful customer service to our members. The ideal candidate is positive, motivated, dynamic, thoughtful, creative, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial with excellent communication skills. This position has growth potential for the right candidate.
Specific responsibilities include
- Become an expert on KiwiCo’s products and services and offer advice and help customers choose the right product.
- Quickly and thoroughly solve problems for customers when deliveries, transactions or experience don't go 100% as planned
- Respond to customers in a timely, friendly and professional and empathetic manner over email, phone and chat.
- Support our customers across platforms (chat, social media, email, etc) in an integrated and brand appropriate way for seamless service
- In every interaction with customers: demonstrate an empathetic understanding of the customer’s question/problem, strive to completely answer the inquiry with a minimum of back and forth messages, and utilize a tone and voice that reflects the KiwiCo brand. All written communications should be clear and well-written, free of grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, etc.
- Provide thoughtful, strategic insight regarding customer needs to our product, digital, and marketing teams.
- Identify and contribute to solving priority issues that need immediate attention
- Think through the lenses of customer experience and systems-improvement to identify, suggest, and help implement improvements in the way we deliver the experience of KiwiCo.
- Get up to speed on various order management processes and back-end systems to identify and resolve issues in, and find ways to improve our processes
- Passionate about customers. You love developing relationships with customers, delighting them with your positive attitude and outstanding customer support skills.
- Good listening and communication skills. Exceptional communication skills with customers and team members; friendly and pleasant demeanor over email and phone.
- Hands-on, "get things done" mentality. You thrive in a fast paced, small company environment, are comfortable with high volume of support issues, and both think and type fast!
- Detail-oriented. We move quickly, but we bring care and thoughtfulness to everything we do. We care deeply about the details.
- Resourceful. You see a project from idea stage through successful completion - and whatever it takes to make it a success. Hurdles are inevitable, but you take it upon yourself to take ownership, assess options and get something done.
- Technical. You are comfortable working with a variety of systems and basic business tools like Google docs, Excel etc. as well as, ideally, CRM and order management tools like Zendesk and Magento. Fast and accurate typing skills a must.
- Analytical: you have a mindset for understanding why problems happen, and are able to identify issues and propose solutions
- Data-driven: You are able to formulate basic data in relation to an issue and identify what data is important to understanding the issue.
- Good Process Orientation: You care about the ‘how’ as well as the ‘what’ and can drive processes to achieve positive results.
- Experience. College degree preferred. 1+ years work experience with at least a year in a company that delivers physical products, ideally in a customer facing role. Understanding of basic order fulfillment processes for physical products and experience with an eCommerce company is a plus.
- Communication skills: you must be comfortable typing and writing in English and possess great grammar skills.
Compensation for this job is hourly, and it operates out either out of our Mountain View office location, or our warehouse location in Lathrop,CA. Travel to the other location may be required up to one day/week.
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter telling us why you're interested in KiwiCo and what you think you'd bring to this specific position and our team.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.