Strategy | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. We offer a subscription service that delivers curated hands-on projects to kids. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. We’re backed by leading investors and were named one of the “20 Startups to Watch” by Business Insider. Our offices are located in Mountain View, within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, data-driven Associate Analyst to join our Strategy and Analytics team. The Associate Analyst will be focused on a variety of analyses and reporting to help us track and increase our growth. The types of analyses which the Analyst might work on could include: customer-lifetime value, media mix modeling, or customer / market segmentation. Successful candidates will possess deep analytical capabilities, love working with data, have passion for our customers, and be enthused by the opportunity to work at a small, fast-growing company. Responsibilities include:
- Apply great data analytics skills and strong business acumen to provide insights that will drive company growth
- Work closely with our cross-functional partners (Digital Product, Marketing, Operations, etc.) to provide ad hoc analyses, dashboards, and reports to improve performance
- Execute cross-functional analyses to provide insights around our customers, marketing efforts, our products, new initiatives, new markets, etc.
- Work successfully across the organization to support implementation of key recommendations
- Work with executive staff on improving and updating of company key success metrics, as well as monthly business / financial projection model
- Utilize tools such as SQL, Looker, Excel, etc. to perform analyses
We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and have a strong desire to learn.. The successful candidate has great analytical curiosity and the drive to improve bottom line results. Excellent organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills are musts. Other required skills and qualifications include:
- BA/BS in a quantitative major (math, business, economics, marketing, statistics, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience in an analytical role at an consulting firm, high growth startup, or other comparable firm
- Advanced modeling skills using Excel, scenario analysis, pivot tables
- Enthusiastic and excited about data, especially to understand ways of how to apply it to unstructured business questions
- Entrepreneurial, quick learner, and eager to dive into new problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presenting to executives
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects concurrently, occasionally under tight timelines
- Past experience utilizing SQL to access, join and manipulate large data sets
- Familiarity with Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization tools
- Familiar with digital analytics tools such as Mixpanel and Google Analytics
If you’re passionate about delivering innovative, delightful, and enriching products and experiences for kids, we’d love to hear from you.
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.