Private Equity Valuations Associate
Finance | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Kitsilano Capital Partners (KCP) - is looking to hire a Private Equity Valuations Associate to join our Finance team. The Valuations Associate will be responsible for forecasting financials, producing fund level performance records and analytics, as well as preparing various LP and management reports and requests.
Please note: This position is in Toronto, Canada.
Other responsibilities will include supporting the investor relations teams and dealing with clients in fulfilling management requests. For more granularity, please see the below job details:
- Assisting with updating valuation templates each quarter, including discounted cash flow (DCF), performance multiple (PM) and other valuation models
- Compiling documentation to support actual financial and company comparable assumptions used in the valuation models
- Assessing underlying assumptions used to develop DCF, performance multiples, and other valuations
- Maintaining, preparing and analyzing summary valuation and performance schedules
- Participating in discussions with and provide deliverables to various constituents, including Deal Analysts, Investor Relations, and Senior Management as well as External and Internal Audit groups
- Updating quarterly planning models to reflect actual performance, and roll future cash flows. Completing variance analyses
- Assessing value creation drivers that have contributed to changes in valuations over the holding period of each investment
- Assisting in enhancing the group’s reporting processes, procedures and analytics
- Participating in various group initiatives and projects.
- At least 2 years experience experience in Accounting, Banking and/or Consulting
- Previous valuation experience and working knowledge of Capital IQ and Bloomberg are a plus
- Strong GPA
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment while handling multiple projects
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment or individually
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required
Location = This position is in Toronto, Canada.