Corporate Finance Banking Analyst
Finance | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
Kitsilano Capital Partners is looking to hire a Corporate Finance Banking Analyst to support our portfolio management of credit exposures. The positon will entail the performance of financial reviews, risk rating analysis, and the preparation and submission of credit applications. In addition, the Analyst will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the monitoring of the portfolios, the exposures, and credit risk in adherence to credit risk management policies.
- Maintain current financial information on clients.
- Research and analyze financial and operating information relating to energy companies, public utilities, industrial companies and other commodity derivatives trading counterparties.
- Complete due diligence and credit analysis on existing client relationships.
- Analyze transactions for structural strengths and weaknesses.
- Perform Financial Statement analysis utilizing all software associated with credit adjudication.
- Draft internal materials for presentation to Credit Concurrence.
- Maintain internal trigger/compliance monitoring records.
- Review credit documentation for conformity with approved Credit terms and conditions.
- Assist in the preparation of credit applications and other memoranda.
- Participate in discussions with internal product group partners
- Actively participate in decision making with product partners.
- MUST HAVE - undergraduate degree in business, economics, accounting, engineering or working towards CPA/CA/CFA
- MUST HAVE - Relevant experience for analysts in similar roles, 1-3 years
- Strong understanding of the commodity Products knowledge.
- Excellent analytical skills to include business, financial, and credit analysis areas.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Expert proficiency with financial computer applications and database management tools including Excel, Bloomberg, and/or VBA or other tools.