Technician, Materials (Contract)
Manufacturing | El Segundo, CA | Temp to Perm
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company based in Santa Monica, California. Kite is engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term, durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system’s ability to recognize and kill tumors. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com.
The Technician, Materials will have overall responsibility for materials management operations and activities to support manufacturing of our innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment. This position is contract to hire with an anticipated 3 month period before a full-time position will be considered.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Plan, oversee, and participate in the materials management operations and activities to support Production operations team and other internal customers
- Manage the day-to-day assignments of warehouse job tasks and monitor completion of required activities
- Receive incoming shipments of non-GMP/GMP materials and equipment following established procedures
- Dispense and kit GMP materials to support production operations
- Prepare and deliver raw materials, samples, finished product, etc. to various departments as needed ensuring proper procedure and temperature range are followed
- Maintain accurate inventory of GMP warehouse materials
- Performing inventory cycle counts
- Perform accurate ERP transactions
- Monitor Kanban area to ensure optimum replenishment of materials
- Communicate inventory discrepancies to warehouse operations team and escalate when appropriate
- Cross-train in all areas of the warehouse operations
- Pick, Pack, and Ship finished product, materials, and equipment as required per established policies and procedures
- Ensure individual employee training is up to date
- Adhere to all safety procedures and GMP’s requirements at all times
- Keep warehouse operation clean and inspection ready at all times
- Assist in the revision of area SOP’s
- Fork Lift certified
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma and some college or vocational training in science, engineering or facilities preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology Materials Management, GMP distribution/warehouse operations, and supply chain
- Ability to gown aseptically for work in a cleanroom environment
- Ability to remain in cleanroom environment for long periods of time
- Ability to work off-shift and long hours as required
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to lift over 30 lbs
- Motivated team-player
Kite, a Gilead Company, is an equal opportunity employer based in Santa Monica, CA. Kite offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.