Technician I, Facilities
Facilities | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Technician I, Facilities
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team.
We are seeking a Technician I, Facilities to oversee a 39,000 square foot new biotechnology facility in El Segundo, California that includes general laboratories for bio-processing. In addition to facilities oversight activities, the Technician I, Facilities will assist in the operation and maintenance of the company’s facility for production of cell-based therapeutics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform routine maintenance tasks including: plumbing repairs, painting, office furniture installation, general building repairs, replace light bulbs, cleaning, building exteriors and other as assigned.
- Manage general building works orders and support facilities on projects
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOP’s and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Maintain accurate records keeping equipment and systems cGMP compliant at all times
- Work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools Proactively support the Corporations, Companies, Departments and Personal goals and objectives
- Assist in all facility services including physical security, waste removal, recycling, central services, office furnishings and office equipment.
- Monitors contractor’s performance and work closely with outside vendors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Ensure manufacturing and all labs and lab personnel are supported to meet business needs, including: lab gasses, preventive maintenance, equipment service contracts and safety equipment
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including FDA, CA FDB, OSHA, DOH, EPA, Fire Department, city audits, Health Department, etc.
- Maintain your Technical Training Profile current with no delinquent notices
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Ability to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids and gasses, steam, and moving machinery
- Receive gasses and check status daily.
- Able to work second shift and weekend shift support and shutdowns required
- Receive and deliver vendor delivered supplies to appropriate locations.
- Work closely with Janitorial crew and maintain building cleanliness.
- High School diploma, relevant trade certification, and some college or vocational training in engineering or facilities
- Must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate dependability and timeliness.
- At least 3-5 years of maintenance experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company with direct experience with GMP facility operation preferred
- Exposure to operations involving engineering disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Environmental, and Industrial
- Demonstrated understanding of systems needed to manage a GMP facility such as: HVAC, electrical, process systems, plumbing/piping, general maintenance, pest management, both interior and exterior
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 100 lb. of equipment or supplies
- Must be able to squat, bend, kneel, climb, and or reach for 75% of a shift
- Must be able to stand, walk, and/or move about for 75% of a shift
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities