Technician, Facilities Maintenance
Facilities | El Segundo, CA | Full Time
Technician I, Facilities Maintenance
Kite Pharma, Inc. is focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to eradicate cancer cells. We believe our immunotherapy is a market-redefining approach to the treatment of cancer. We are an innovative and growing company located in beautiful Santa Monica and have a highly energized and accomplished team.
We are seeking a Technician I, Facilities Maintenance to oversee a 39,000 square foot new biotechnology facility in El Segundo, California that includes general laboratories for bio-processing. In addition to facilities oversight activities, the Facilities Maintenance Technician I will assist in the operation and maintenance of the company’s facility for production of cell-based therapeutics. This is a 2nd shift position working either Friday-Tuesday or Wednesday-Sunday.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform routine maintenance tasks including: plumbing repairs, painting, office furniture installation, general building repairs, replace light bulbs, cleaning, building exteriors and other as assigned.
- Perform Routine Preventive Maintenance work orders and assist in utility operations.
- Ensure clean rooms and general facility is maintained in optimum conditions and in compliance with GMP requirements.
- Understanding of building P&IDs, as-built, schematics and flow diagram required
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical a plus
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOP’s and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Maintain accurate records keeping equipment and systems cGMP compliant at all times
- Work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools Proactively support the Corporations, Companies, Departments and Personal goals and objectives
- Assist in all facility services including physical security, waste removal, recycling, central services, office furnishings and office equipment.
- Monitors contractors performance and work closely with outside vendors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Ensure manufacturing and all labs and lab personnel are supported to meet business needs, including: lab gasses, preventive maintenance, equipment service contracts and safety equipment
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including FDA, CA FDB, OSHA, DOH, EPA, Fire Department, city audits, Health Department, etc.
- Maintain your Technical Training Profile current with no delinquent notices
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Ability to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids and gasses, steam, and moving machinery
- Receive gasses and check status daily.
- Able to work second shift , weekend shift support, on call hours and shutdowns required
- Receive and deliver vendor delivered supplies to appropriate locations.
- Ability to check and respond to Equipment Monitoring System Building Management Systems.
- High School diploma, relevant trade certification, and some college or vocational training in engineering or facilities
- Must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate dependability and timeliness.
- At least 3-5 years of maintenance experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company with direct experience with GMP facility operation preferred
- Exposure to operations involving engineering disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Environmental, and Industrial
- Demonstrated understanding of systems needed to manage a GMP facility such as: HVAC, electrical, process systems, plumbing/piping, general maintenance, pest management, both interior and exterior
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 100 lb. of equipment or supplies
- Must be able to squat, bend, kneel, climb, and or reach for 75% of a shift
- Must be able to stand, walk, and/or move about for 75% of a shift
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.